Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running Wu's on ATI or NVIDIA ?

Silver Member

Re: Running Wu's on ATI or NVIDIA ?

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    Too bad that can't be fixed. I personally care far more about results than points but I know many of the points hounds won't run WCG because of the credit system they use. Sad.
    As far as BoincStats and other BOINC-only stats-sites goes, WCG uses the BOINC credit-system, just like SETI@home and most other BOINC-projects does.

The "dog-points" is still available on WCG's own web-pages for the benefit of the users ran the non-BOINC-client, the non-BOINC-points now equals 4.1% of WCG's total points.

Gold Member

My new laptop will have an AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M, VRAM 1024 MB. What projects are suitable to run on it?

Thank you in advance,

Carlos

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    My new laptop will have an AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M, VRAM 1024 MB. What projects are suitable to run on it?

Thank you in advance,

Carlos
    Carlos,
    IIRC, the only ATI project you cannot run is Milkyway@Home as the 76xx series is not Double Precision which MW@H requires.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

What Wu's are running on the ATI Cards now, I have Help Cure Cancer selected & to use Video Card but the Project keeps telling me there's no work available ... ???

EDIT: I seem to be getting some ATI work now so I guess my settings are okay ... The work seems to be awful sporadic though, 6 Box's calling but only 1 with work & that's running out too ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-20-13 at 10:13 AM.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    What Wu's are running on the ATI Cards now, I have Help Cure Cancer selected & to use Video Card but the Project keeps telling me there's no work available ... ???

EDIT: I seem to be getting some ATI work now so I guess my settings are okay ... The work seems to be awful sporadic though, 6 Box's calling but only 1 with work & that's running out too ...
    There are server updates going on today for a few hours. There will be a 24 hour outage starting tomorrow. You should be able to get tasks sometime this afternoon. They've upped the cache limit to 5000 so the high volume crunchers don't run out of work during the 24 hour shut down for maintenance.

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...d_thread,34590

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Friend of SETI.USA

Yup, I'm starting to pick up a lot more GPU Wu's now, over 3000 of a few Box's ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123