Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM

Gold Member

Re: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    While all three Collatz apps use the same credit calculation based on total steps, collatz is much larger and puts less stress on the server and network lines, so it gets 10% more credit than mini_collatz as an incentive for users to run it.

Since the solo app checks all results twice eliminating the need for a wingman, twice as much work gets done. That and since AMD's OpenCL performance sucks, it should pay about the same as the Collatz v2.09 ATI app. So, I thought it only fair to award double the credit. Those with NVidia GPUs should smile since they get the same credit bonus even though the CUDA app isn't much slower than the v2.xx versions.
    Sorry, didn't see you reply. After a few hours testing which wu to run I prefer the mini_collatz ones because they effect less the GUI desktop reaction. I am still not sure how much I can do with this GPU due to the fact that first each wu isn't uploaded immediately and second I am dependent on the wingman for wu validation.
    Anyway, I'll stay with Collatz. Thank you Slicker and mainly DrPop for the help and orientation.

Another thing I would like to ask is what's the difference between Collatz and http://ericr.nl/wondrous/index.html? I knew the lather since 2001, contacted several times the project leader but I didn't at the time had a powerful computer to help, and so far didn't have time yet to study the Collatz project goals. Slicker, can you enlighten me?

Carlos
    Last edited by pinhodecarlos; 04-25-13 at 08:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345