Thread: Certificate Problem

Diamond Member

Certificate Problem

I have a certificate problem and sometimes the system is booting. Can someone help me about this? Thanks in advance.

Is a Comodo ssl ca 2 ; VDNS Name=javadl-esd-secure.oracle.com

What should I do?
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Re: Certificate Problem

Hi Duke,

I might be wrong but I think it is an issue with Java. Try updating to the latest version.

Before installing new versions of JRE x86 and x64, uninstall all versions of Java already on your system listed in Windows uninstaller (aka. Programs and Features)

JRE Version 7 Update 10 [Note: Users running any x64 version of Windows should install 32-bit and 64-bit versions]
    32-bit Offline Installer: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/downlo...BundleId=71835

64-bit Offline Installer: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/downlo...BundleId=71837
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 01-06-13 at 03:16 AM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Thanks F$.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hi Duke,

I might be wrong but I think it is an issue with Java. Try updating to the latest version.

Before installing new versions of JRE x86 and x64, uninstall all versions of Java already on your system listed in Windows uninstaller (aka. Programs and Features)

JRE Version 7 Update 10 [Note: Users running any x64 version of Windows should install 32-bit and 64-bit versions]
    32-bit Offline Installer: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/downlo...BundleId=71835

64-bit Offline Installer: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/downlo...BundleId=71837
    I was under the impression that Java isn't always backwards compatible and that's the reason it installs multiple versions. Is that incorrect?
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I was under the impression that Java isn't always backwards compatible and that's the reason it installs multiple versions. Is that incorrect?
    I think you are right although with most websites keep track with the latest version (for security reasons) so its almost never an issue. Also I've had issues with having multiple versions installed so its not worth the headache.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    I have a certificate problem and sometimes the system is booting. Can someone help me about this? Thanks in advance.

Is a Comodo ssl ca 2 ; VDNS Name=javadl-esd-secure.oracle.com

What should I do?
    If you're running Comodo, get rid of it. That's the problem IMHO. This has been an issue with them for a long time.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Diamond Member

I made what F$ told me to do and the problem seem to be solved. Previously I had reinstalled java but without uninstall the previous version that didn't fix the problem.

I have no idea of what is this Comodo, I thought Comodo was some islands were a poison giant lizard, with the same name, lived. I also new Lúcio Aurélio Cómodo an ancient Roman Emperor son of Marcus Aurelius very well known for the movie made on Hollywood style and called "Gladiator".

I swear I don't remember to have download this Comodo.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    I made what F$ told me to do and the problem seem to be solved. Previously I had reinstalled java but without uninstall the previous version that didn't fix the problem.

I have no idea of what is this Comodo, I thought Comodo was some islands were a poison giant lizard, with the same name, lived. I also new Lúcio Aurélio Cómodo an ancient Roman Emperor son of Marcus Aurelius very well known for the movie made on Hollywood style and called "Gladiator".

I swear I don't remember to have download this Comodo.

Good news on fixing the problem. Just so you know Comodo is a software firewall (like Norton's firewall) that is free.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    If you're running Comodo, get rid of it. That's the problem IMHO. This has been an issue with them for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Good news on fixing the problem. Just so you know Comodo is a software firewall (like Norton's firewall) that is free.

I made a search and looked on programs and features also looked on Java. Comodo seem to vanished from my computer (I am happy ). Thank you all for the help, I know now one comodo more.