Thread: Nvidia GT 430...Can it crunch?

Past Admin

Nvidia GT 430...Can it crunch?

Hey team.

I just tripped over a new nvidia card while looking for something else...This migth be the solution to my "concerns"...

Itīs this:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...gt-430-us.html

I have seen one here in Denmark priced around 60-80$ which "i think" I can digg up sometime after x-mas..

Now....

Can it crunch??
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Re: Nvidia GT 430...Can it crunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Hey team.

I just tripped over a new nvidia card while looking for something else...This migth be the solution to my "concerns"...

Itīs this:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...gt-430-us.html

I have seen one here in Denmark priced around 60-80$ which "i think" I can digg up sometime after x-mas..

Now....

Can it crunch??
    Yes it does and with Double Precision.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Beer, what are your other options? Like the next jump up price wise? That 430 will crunch, but it's really positioned for the HTPC enthusiast crowd. Only about 2/3 the power of a GT 240.

If you could hold out a while longer for something better...I'm just curious what your next jump up is over there. I understand prices can be a little crazy in Europe on things like this.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Beer, what are your other options? Like the next jump up price wise? That 430 will crunch, but it's really positioned for the HTPC enthusiast crowd. Only about 2/3 the power of a GT 240.

If you could hold out a while longer for something better...I'm just curious what your next jump up is over there. I understand prices can be a little crazy in Europe on things like this.
    Hmm not sure actually...

I am searching some danish forums for 2 hand cards. The older models must come down, now that the 570 and 580 has landed..?

I think I saw a GTX275 go for like 125$ yesterday...I were hoping to make it before this challenge....But now that itīs obvious that I donīt - I migth as well save some more..

My current "hidden" saving is around 70$ and I have a board I can get a few bucks for also...As things are rigth now...I can "hide" around 10-15$ every 14 day from my share of expenses around here. So it will take me around 3 months to cross 200$ barrier

I could on the other hand....Come clean to "she who must be obeyed" and just ask for permission...But itīs kinda "fun" to be sneaky.....

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Hmm not sure actually...

I am searching some danish forums for 2 hand cards. The older models must come down, now that the 570 and 580 has landed..?

I think I saw a GTX275 go for like 125$ yesterday...I were hoping to make it before this challenge....But now that itīs obvious that I donīt - I migth as well save some more..

My current "hidden" saving is around 70$ and I have a board I can get a few bucks for also...As things are rigth now...I can "hide" around 10-15$ every 14 day from my share of expenses around here. So it will take me around 3 months to cross 200$ barrier

I could on the other hand....Come clean to "she who must be obeyed" and just ask for permission...But itīs kinda "fun" to be sneaky.....
    "O helvede ja det er. Indtil du bliver fanget." (Google translated)

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    "O helvede ja det er. Indtil du bliver fanget." (Google translated)
    Sad but so true.....

Well, I am certainly looking to do some trading...Maybe in the new year with a little luck...This pc hold only a very old 250GB HD and running Vista...Very hogging when even playing youtube HD trailers..Need to replace that HD soon.