Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects won't Initialize ?

Friend of SETI.USA

Projects won't Initialize ?

I threw together a Workbench Box to test some Memory because people keep sending back the Memory I sell them saying it doesn't work when I know the Memory does work. Anyhoot I installed BOINC on the Box since it was running but the BOINC Projects refuse to Initialize, nor will they do a Project Connect if I Update Manually, they just keep saying either Project Initializing or Update Pending/Update Requested. The Projects Attache to the Box okay & I can Browse the Internet so I know there's a Internet Connection.

I've Uninstalled BOINC several Times & Reinstalled BOINC again, Rebooted after the Installations, tried several different BOINC Versions but they all do the same Project Initializing thing ...

Silver Member

Re: Projects won't Initialize ?

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I threw together a Workbench Box to test some Memory because people keep sending back the Memory I sell them saying it doesn't work when I know the Memory does work. Anyhoot I installed BOINC on the Box since it was running but the BOINC Projects refuse to Initialize, nor will they do a Project Connect if I Update Manually, they just keep saying either Project Initializing or Update Pending/Update Requested. The Projects Attache to the Box okay & I can Browse the Internet so I know there's a Internet Connection.

I've Uninstalled BOINC several Times & Reinstalled BOINC again, Rebooted after the Installations, tried several different BOINC Versions but they all do the same Project Initializing thing ...
    Could be something in the BOINC data folder that isn't removed when you do an uninstall. Try unistalling again and manually deleting the hidden BOINC folder and then do a new clean install. Hopefully that will clear the problem.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Platinum Member

Just get that crappy RAM that doesn't work out of it. Problem Solved!

Administrator

Steve, check the TIME on the computer and make sure it is correct!! I had a machine that did a similar thing and would always go into the 24 hour backoff mode continually. The only way i could get work was by manual update. It was a machine that I hadn't run for many a moon and the I didn't check the time when i blew the dust off and it wasn't set to update automatically to Windoze time.

Friend of SETI.USA

@Bryan: Already checked the Time in the BIOS & in Windows, both correct.

@Mumps: ... Yeah I gotta quit selling that Crappy Brand of Memory, I try to tell the People not to buy it but they do anyway then want to Piss & Moan about how I sent them Memory with the wrong Timings or the wrong Mhz when the Item clearly stats what Timing or Mhz the Memory is that's going to be sent to them ... Go Figure

Friend of SETI.USA

Well I did a Format & complete reinstall of the OS on the Box & it still won't initialize the Projects, I really don't know what else to do with it other than Shoot it ...

Past Admin

Well I did a Format & complete reinstall of the OS on the Box & it still won't initialize the Projects, I really don't know what else to do with it other than Shoot it ...

This happens to me every now and then with Poem. I checked the project folder and noticed it missing files. Nothing I did would get the project to send me the files necessary to crunch. With Poem, I had to manually DL the poemcl_1.3_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_100 from the Poem website, place it into the Poem Boinc folder the hit the update button and it would download wu's and crunch normally after that.
    Hope that helps.

Past Administrator

Well....

OK, after installing the Win7 did you install all hardware drivers? Chipset, NIC, SATA, etc...? I ask because that what the problem sounds like to me? Or maybe there are newer drivers on the MB makers website then the ones you have?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Hmmm, from what Bryan suggested, that makes me think of a permissions issue. So maybe the Boinc user can't create the project files in the directories.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Hmmm, from what Bryan suggested, that makes me think of a permissions issue. So maybe the Boinc user can't create the project files in the directories.
    Yep, there is definitely that possibility.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast