Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nividia Titan

Silver Member

Nividia Titan

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GeF...690,20797.html

Anyone waiting to go out and pick one up?

We're getting close it looks like. Time to buy up all the GTX 6XX's going on ebay when the gamers update.

Platinum Member

Re: Nividia Titan

I had actually started a thread about this here: http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php...oming-Afterall

But i like your title better now that the release date is much closer.

So the new info i've got is that this card was listed for pre-order on a Danish hardware website and Nvidia allowed Asus to put their stickers on this one Converting their currency to USD equates to ~$1200, however European taxes are far higher than here. I still expect the card to retail for $899.

Expected release date is Feb. 24th-26th

The GPU supposedly has two DVI, one HDMI and one Displayport video outputs.

Quad-SLI will be supported.

8+2 VRMs for powerphases. VRAM is expected to be found on both the front and back of the PCB since it takes 24 2Gb chips to come up with 6GB, and will have a backplate.

Also it will have 1 8-pin + 1 6-pin power connecters, as i mentioned in the other thread.

The PCB appears to only have 1 plug for a fan, so expect the standard single blower which is found on most reference GPUs.

Performance, clocks and the number of cores are still unverified, but it should easily outperform a K20X in FP32. No word on FP64 yet.

In other news, it has been verified AMD is NOT launching the 8000 series anytime soon, perhaps not until Q4 as i mentioned in the other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hallock - AMD Radeon Marketing Manager
    I cannot say anything more than what I’ve already said, really. AMD and its partners are happy with the HD 7000 Series, and it will continue to be our emphasis in the channel for the foreseeable future. I should note that HD 8000 Series has never been so much as hinted at for a channel release. Anything to the contrary is an unsubstantiated rumor fabricated to drive traffic."

Diamond Member

Any chance for a dual chip version? Like a 590 or 690?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Any chance for a dual chip version? Like a 590 or 690?
    I'd have to say no, since the single GPU already has to use the back of the card to find space for VRAM. The only way they could make a dual-GPU card would be:
    a) Extend the PCB to 16-17" in length
    b) Tie 2 separate PCBs together like they did with the GTX 295 (the more realistic option, though it also hasn't been done since the GTX 295)

Again, OEMs are forbidden by Nvidia to alter this GPU's design in any way, meaning if there ever is a Titan x2, Nvidia will have to make it, unlike AMD who just threw their hands in the air and let anyone make anything they wanted when it came to a HD7970 x2 (7990).

As it happens, AMD may still release a 7990 of their own eventually.

Platinum Member

Finally a realistic benchmark:

NEW-GTX-Titan-Score-OBR.jpg

*Seems* to be the most realistic benchmarks to surface so far. Still no guarantee it's true.
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 02-11-13 at 08:47 PM.

Platinum Member

Possible actual specs have maybe possibly surfaced possibly. Problem i have is everything from the 512bit DDR5 to the base and boost clocks mimic the 690, but it is listed for sale as such.

ASUS GTX TITAN PCI-E 3.0 6GB 512-bit DDR5, Base:915 boost:1019 / 6008 MHz, DVI-I x 2, DVI-D x 1, Mini DP x 1, Fan
    http://www.austin.net.au/catalog/pro...bit-ddr5-base/
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 02-11-13 at 08:48 PM.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Possible actual specs have maybe possibly surfaced possibly. Problem i have is everything from the 512bit DDR5 to the base and boost clocks mimic the 690, but it is listed for sale as such.
    I can't follow what you are saying. The base and boost clocks are the same. And is listed as such. Okay. What is the problem then? They should be different or something? I am missing something obvious, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    The link isn't working for me. Maybe you have to have an account?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I can't follow what you are saying. The base and boost clocks are the same. And is listed as such. Okay. What is the problem then? They should be different or something? I am missing something obvious, I think.
    Just seems to be too much of a coincidence. Not impossible, but i don't recall it ever happening before. It's possible i'm overly paranoid

The link isn't working for me. Maybe you have to have an account?
    They probably had to take it down like the other 2 sites that listed it early. Here's what the listing looked like: http://www.legitreviews.com/news/15115/

Diamond Member

Ah. Got it. Yeah, I can't believe the clocks are exactly the same.

Diamond Member

My clock is much better.

Relogio_Astronomico.jpg
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast