Thread: So what's new and thanks for the input.

So what's new and thanks for the input.

I'm running an older version of boinc while I get back up to speed. Better to be running something than nothing. Collatz will kick up some points while I build my other machines. Thanks for the input everyone, as usual you guys had a handle on the stuff I was missing. My goal as I bring this stuff online is power consumption. The four 5870's and the 3770k are running stock but full bore and are not even touching 700 watts and just the cpu crunching is 191 watts. Will wait a few days before OC'ing. I know the cards run hot, averaging 73C at 90% on the fans but it was $500 for the 4 at 1600 cores each or 4 times the cost to get 2048 cores each. If luck allows, 1M a box, who knows. I'll see what the electrical bill will allow. Again, thanks for the help.

On a side note, got all my projects back but 2, renderfarm and DNA@home, The CPID's won't revert unless the project is online. Not sure what caused this a year ago but I got most of the points back. Emails were all the same, this acted like a virus. It spread to projects I was not even working. Getting them back was nothing more than adding the project and waiting an hour. The CPID would change back without me doing anything. Got them back though. Will see on those last 2. Crap I just noticed 20 UOTD under the wrong CPID, That blows.

Alright, give me your input to what the club has been doing, save me a lot of reading. Patrick

Also any little known projects that I can get some credits in. Also what happened to "Clanks" in the Mega Milestones, awww, that hurts.
    Last edited by Clank [MM]; 02-10-13 at 09:44 PM.

Gold Member

Re: So what's new and thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Clank [MM] View Post
    Also any little known projects that I can get some credits in. Also what happened to "Clanks" in the Mega Milestones, awww, that hurts.
    Clanks are still there, you just have to earn enough of them for them to be listed. See below.
    6r39 7r199

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Clanks are still there, you just have to earn enough of them for them to be listed. See below.
    At least 9 Projects with recent credit to be exact.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Admin

If your running one gpu per box, take a look at running Poem on those cards. The gpu's stay cool used less power and gets good stones. The best stones for those cards would be Donate but you'll need to keep an eye on it.

Upgrade your version of Boinc and use the new App_config.xml great new feature. Soooo much easier than the old App_info.

Cool, thanks for the input guys, I forgot Bok had set that at >9. All 4 cards are in 1 box, your right, Donate runs hot but first day was 2M from 1 box. Could get used to that .
    Last edited by Clank [MM]; 02-14-13 at 01:03 AM.