Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3219

Thread: Badge Thread Only !!!

Diamond Member

Re: Badge Thread Only !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wow, I finally have something to report:

Number 4 star went BLUE
    Nice!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    Just having fun. Can't let Z get all the glory. Actually Help Conquer Cancer has the most crunch time for me there. 81+ years but there is no badge between 50 and 100 years. Got most of that when they came up with their only GPU app for any project so far. I had 5 7970s at the time and was pulling 5+ million PPD. 32 WUs at a time on each card really racked up the run time.
    Wow!! What ever happened with the GPU app's?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    That blue Beta badge is the most impressive to me. Damned impressive!
    Yeah, that is unreal.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Wow!! What ever happened with the GPU app's?
    WCG has nothing to do with what app any project decides to use. That must come from the project scientists. The HCC app was originally a CPU app but some people associated with the original project were able to port it to GPUs. The GPUs took what would have been 5+ years of work and finished it in a few months. I was just in the right place at the right time to take advantage of it. Why any of the projects that have started since HCC ended have not been ported to GPUs I have no idea. Seems like a no brainer to me but maybe the porting process is not as easy for these newer projects. Keep hearing rumors that a new Help Fight Childhood Cancer project is in the wings but have heard nothing about whether it will GPU compatible or not. One can only hope. Even if it happens I sold off all my 7970s and could never put up the outrageous (for WCG) numbers I did with the HCC project.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Yeah, that is unreal.
    Thanks. Hope it won't take 6 more years to get the 5 year diamond badge. I'm a little past half way ATM.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Administrator

Got this one this morning for 1 year on Ebola oet1_4.jpg
    Last edited by Al; 02-19-15 at 09:49 PM.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    WCG has nothing to do with what app any project decides to use. That must come from the project scientists. The HCC app was originally a CPU app but some people associated with the original project were able to port it to GPUs. The GPUs took what would have been 5+ years of work and finished it in a few months. I was just in the right place at the right time to take advantage of it. Why any of the projects that have started since HCC ended have not been ported to GPUs I have no idea. Seems like a no brainer to me but maybe the porting process is not as easy for these newer projects. Keep hearing rumors that a new Help Fight Childhood Cancer project is in the wings but have heard nothing about whether it will GPU compatible or not. One can only hope. Even if it happens I sold off all my 7970s and could never put up the outrageous (for WCG) numbers I did with the HCC project.
    Makes sense. Heck, I hope to get my FA@H ruby before the project is completed.

Diamond Member

Ding! Ding!

2m @ Primegrid: Cullen LLR
    5m @ Primegrid: TRP Sieve
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Yay! Nice to get a new badge. Bronze badge from project Mapping Cancer Markers. I'll have to work a little more on WCG in the future.

Got my gold on Woodall at primegrid, have all the active projects at gold or higher now.

Page 136 of 322 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast