Page 48 of 322 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Badge Thread Only !!!

Silver Member

Re: Badge Thread Only !!!

Steve, I don't have a BOINC name since I don't run it... My name is either George or Justgeo1 on all of the sites I'm on... I used the link from Bok and got some stuff from WCG, so it's out there... I just have no idea where it's at or how to include it... I've never been that up on web stuff... haven't done any programming since the old 8-bit days... and I've forgotten 90% of that...

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Possibly we could if we knew Justgeo1 BOINC User Name. Justgeo1 doesn't show up at Free-DC as a BOINC Name, people should really use the Name they use in BOINC in the Forums too instead of confusing everyone who they really are ... IMO ... If he/she has a real BOINC name they can just go to Free-DC http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=index & look up their Stats, on their Stats page they should see their Signature with any Badges they have ...

They can also request a WCG Signature from Snurk here >>> https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...et,3100#427136

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Silver Member

I wish I knew how to get all those things in my sig, but I had to have help with what I've got there already... and my eyes are so bad, I can't even tell what most of the things are anyway...

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Geo, I hope you do not mind me calling you that, I feel that there seems to be some misunderstanding about the so called BOINC Names. In our Front Page we have some information about BOINC, How to use it etc, I hope that might help in clarifying some aspects. In short, I note that you have been running a number of projects even though you are a WCG fan. That is fine. However, they are all BOINC Projects, for when you joined the individual projects your user name is your BOINC name.. It is suggested that you use the same name in all projects so that the stat sites like our favourite Free-DC run by our friend BOK can give you an overall status of your points for all the projects that you participate in. If you have different names in each project than the stats will give you the total for the user name and you could end up with segmented totals and will have difficulty in keeping tabs of what badges you earned.

May I make a suggestion that you log in to all the projects that you ever crunched and in your account change your user name and password to be the same in all projects. It will take at least two days for the stats site and the projects to realign themselves. Once you have the same user name and password all set up, we can help you how to show the badges in your signature.

I hope that helps and excuse me if I misunderstood your post.

Friend of SETI.USA

Cruncher Pete is right Geo, with the Badges you have your running BOINC, even if you run only WCG your still running BOINC ... Just go into Settings > My Setting > Edit Signature then Copy & Paste this String in the Box > http://stats.free-dc.org/badgesbanne...0591af78824c6f

Use [IMG] on the Start of the String & [/IMG] on the end of the String ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 07-21-13 at 02:10 AM.

Platinum Member

Badge banner test post...

Silver Member

Thanks, folks... I think I have the problem of various user names because some sites "pick" my user name for me... I'll see if I can fix that later...

Administrator

Got this cul_bronze.png and this woo_bronze.png and this sr5_bronze.png and this sgs_bronze.png and this psp_llr_bronze.png at PG.
    Last edited by Al; 07-23-13 at 10:16 PM.

Administrator

...and this Sapphire.png at Numberfields.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    Got this cul_bronze.png and this woo_bronze.png and this sr5_bronze.png and this sgs_bronze.png and this psp_llr_bronze.png at PG.
    That's awesome, it was PG that made me chase badges at first.

Administrator

Upped my 2nd wuprop star to Red 5000_1000_100_0_0.png

Page 48 of 322 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast