Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ubuntu instruction

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Ubuntu instruction

Maybe some Command needs to be run in the Terminal to get the VBox Started, don't know what it wold be though ???

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Maybe some Command needs to be run in the Terminal to get the VBox Started, don't know what it wold be though ???
    I haven't followed this whole thread. Did you follow the instructions here?

http://boinc01.cern.ch/boinc-gnu-linux
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Yes, that's the same Instructions F$ posted some posts ago in this Thread, the Wu's still erred out after a few seconds ...

Administrator
    I've got a very old HP laptop 1.5ghz, single core. I installed Ubuntu 12.4. I then installed BM 7.0.27 and VirtualBox 4.1.12 both coming from the Ubuntu Software Center. No command line stuff. VB is just sitting on the taskbar, not running. T4T downloaded and is @ 40% done 8 hours in without any errors.

Friend of SETI.USA

Great Al, Linux just bit me in the ass again for 100 Hr's of Wu's, for some reason all the Icons on the Launcher decided to disapper, no mater what I did I coulndn't get them back. So I rebooted and of course the SLinCA Wu's don't have checkpoints so they all started fron 0:00 time again. I feel like I'm just running in circles with Linux, run some Wu's then rerun them again because Linux freaks up ...

I'm not even trying to run the VBox on Linux anymore, I don't know any of the commands to install anything other than BOINC so rather than blow my mind out I just forgot about trying it anymore ...

Diamond Member
    The good news: there are WAY more than enough windows apps, to get 100 @ 5k hours. Don't need to worry about Linux apps, unless he expands the number of stars beyond 5.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    The good news: there are WAY more than enough windows apps, to get 100 @ 5k hours. Don't need to worry about Linux apps, unless he expands the number of stars beyond 5.
    I'm already working on the 6th set of 20 App's, one reason it's taking me so long to get the second Emerald Star or 1'st Sapphire, getting close on both though. I've also got 17 App's over 100 Hr's in the 6'th Set already just in case ...

Diamond Member
    Yeah, I am in the same place. Almost enough for a 6th star, if such a thing existed. About 150 apps with credit. Maybe we can convince the admin to add a second icon, for stars 6-10?

Friend of SETI.USA

I've only git 127 App's, wouldn't know where to get another 23+ App's for 150, but I don't run the Quake or Radiation Projects so I lose some there ...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    all the Icons on the Launcher decided to disapper, no mater what I did I coulndn't get them back. So I rebooted and
    Too late to help this time, but I've seen that happen (twice in 6 months) on my normal Command/Control Linux box. Simply logging out and back in brings them back for me.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910