Thread: Yoyo: HarmoniousTree project will finish soon

Diamond Member

Yoyo: HarmoniousTree project will finish soon

The HarmoniousTree project will finish soon. If you want to get a certain badge of honour for this projct you have only some days, maybe weeks, left. No new workunits will be injected, the workunits are all resents. If you have an Rasberry Pi you can run HarmoniousTrees also on the Pi. Here you can see how many workunits are left.

More...

Past Administrator

Re: Yoyo: HarmoniousTree project will finish soon

Hmmm, good thing I started crunching this again for WUProp badge. Looks like I'll have to stay on this for a spell.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

grathomp

Thanks for the heads up. I'll switch over to it.

Diamond Member

Yikes!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Looks like it's run dry. Damn, i'm only at 70k/100k for the next badge.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Looks like it's run dry. Damn, i'm only at 70k/100k for the next badge.
    Hang in there. And maybe be sitting there with BPU running for you. I think Al mentioned he was planning on releasing a pile he had once he hit his goal.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Hang in there. And maybe be sitting there with BPU running for you. I think Al mentioned he was planning on releasing a pile he had once he hit his goal.
    I did, but I released them yesterday...sorry! They should be all out in the wild by now. There are 53 available right now. You might want to use BPU for the next few days to see if you can catch some resends.

Gold Member

Good advice guys. I'm running with BPU every 3 minutes at the moment. I noticed something weird in the logs that may be keeping me from getting new tasks:

yoyo@home 3/10/2013 4:08:12 AM (won't finish in time) Computer on 94.8%% of time, BOINC on 99.3%% of that, this project gets 1.2%% of that

I have no idea why it would say it's only 1.2% when it's the only thing I've been running all week. So, I opened up a vm to see if I can catch more tasks.

Any idea what that is all about and if I can reset it?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Good advice guys. I'm running with BPU every 3 minutes at the moment. I noticed something weird in the logs that may be keeping me from getting new tasks:

yoyo@home 3/10/2013 4:08:12 AM (won't finish in time) Computer on 94.8%% of time, BOINC on 99.3%% of that, this project gets 1.2%% of that

I have no idea why it would say it's only 1.2% when it's the only thing I've been running all week. So, I opened up a vm to see if I can catch more tasks.

Any idea what that is all about and if I can reset it?
    I've seen that message before, but I never saw it until I upgraded to BM 7.0.42, IIRC. I could usually get work by suspending everything else and increasing the resource share on the project in question. I think it was some type of scheduler bug, but I never researched it. In your situation doing this may not really be the best course, because you'll be ideling cpus on the chance that there will be resends. Some of the other folks may have a cure, instead of a workaround.