Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seti.usa presence on twitter

Diamond Member

seti.usa presence on twitter

We have a seti.usa user account on twitter: @SETIUSA

- Who owns that account again? It should be someone that is on twitter frequently.

- We/it should be more active, I think. (Same with out Facebook account).

- It would be good to have some place that people can go when the forum is down, to get news on what's going on. Twitter can be a very good/fast news source (depending on who you follow). Not everyone is a fan of Facebook, and it kinda sucks for news anyway. For example, our forum went down today. What's up? This is exactly what twitter is good for. Bok was kind enough to send me a message that the site was down due to power outage. I sent that to @SETIUSA, and asked for a retweet. But it didn't happen, and even if it did, very few followers.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Re: seti.usa presence on twitter

Hey Z,

I know I'm only one person... That said, not a big fan of those forms of social media. But you are right. We could defiantly use a few good members to monitor those accounts.

And wasn't it Al or CBS that had headed up FB management?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Yeah, I'm not asking about the FB account owner. I'm asking about the twitter account owner. And I am not saying that anyone should join any of these other social....things. What I am saying, is that when *this* forum goes down (for whatever reason), how are we supposed to communicate? Worst case scenario, what if this forum never comes back up? Is it the end of the team? We need alternative ways to let the team know what's going on. And twitter, IMO, is better for that than FB. Just follow @SETIUSA. But there are other options. We could pick a project, the modern BOINC forms allow team sub-forums. I would suggest S@H, but they are down far too often. Maybe Einstein? But the POINT is that we need a place to regroup. Let's face it, there is a very small percentage of us team-members that *ever* talk to each other. We need to hold on to that group aggressively.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hey Z,

I know I'm only one person... That said, not a big fan of those forms of social media. But you are right. We could defiantly use a few good members to monitor those accounts.

And wasn't it Al or CBS that had headed up FB management?
    Wasn't me, I don't FB.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not asking about the FB account owner. I'm asking about the twitter account owner. And I am not saying that anyone should join any of these other social....things. What I am saying, is that when *this* forum goes down (for whatever reason), how are we supposed to communicate? Worst case scenario, what if this forum never comes back up? Is it the end of the team? We need alternative ways to let the team know what's going on. And twitter, IMO, is better for that than FB. Just follow @SETIUSA. But there are other options. We could pick a project, the modern BOINC forms allow team sub-forums. I would suggest S@H, but they are down far too often. Maybe Einstein? But the POINT is that we need a place to regroup. Let's face it, there is a very small percentage of us team-members that *ever* talk to each other. We need to hold on to that group aggressively.
    Well..... We had a presence on the TeaM forum but it's been some time since I've logged on there. Your suggestions sound good to me. And we still have the IRC team chat room & the TeamSpeak server. So there are options.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Well..... We had a presence on the TeaM forum but it's been some time since I've logged on there. Your suggestions sound good to me. And we still have the IRC team chat room & the TeamSpeak server. So there are options.
    I haven't been there for a while due to other problems but zombie presence on twitter is quite impressive, I think the TeAm could gain a lot with his presence at the TeAm twits. Thanks for your availability z.

I would vote for your powerful contribution on twitter, we all know you are a TeAm very dedicated person.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Maxwell owns the twitter account. He gave me the password at one time, but I can't find it.
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Maxwell owns the twitter account. He gave me the password at one time, but I can't find it.
    Darn, I can't find it either. I think he copied me on that way back...well over a year ago.
    @Zombie - would you like us to do a daily or weekly tweet or something? I don't use any of that stuff - I have a FB page somewhere bit haven't been on in ages, so this thread just reminded me to go check it! Haha...
    I could learn how to use Twitter pretty easily I'll bet, if you think there's folks out there who would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    I haven't been there for a while due to other problems but zombie presence on twitter is quite impressive, I think the TeAm could gain a lot with his presence at the TeAm twits. Thanks for your availability z.

I would vote for your powerful contribution on twitter, we all know you are a TeAm very dedicated person.
    Did the admins check the admin forum? I would have thought that we posted the twitter pw in the admin forum

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Did the admins check the admin forum? I would have thought that we posted the twitter pw in the admin forum
    Nope, Nada. Nothing about Twitter in the admin section.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast