Thread: Strange problem with IE10 and the forum?

Past Administrator

Strange problem with IE10 and the forum?

I haven't seemed to notice this with any other web page I visit, but occasionally on this forum (like now), ever since I upgraded my browser to IE 10, it won't respond to the enter key. For example, I can try to hit Enter right now and it will not start a new line. The forum does not do this in either WaterFox or Chrome, and it never did it in IE 9, so it must be something that changed with 10. Would there by any chance be an update from VBulletin in the works, or maybe I should alert Microsoft to this issue? Thanks for any info!

Past Administrator

Re: Strange problem with IE10 and the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I haven't seemed to notice this with any other web page I visit, but occasionally on this forum (like now), ever since I upgraded my browser to IE 10, it won't respond to the enter key. For example, I can try to hit Enter right now and it will not start a new line. The forum does not do this in either WaterFox or Chrome, and it never did it in IE 9, so it must be something that changed with 10. Would there by any chance be an update from VBulletin in the works, or maybe I should alert Microsoft to this issue? Thanks for any info!
    I checked the admin control panel and nothing is posted there about IE10 problems, yet.

You issue might be related to vBulletin themes. Are you using one of the custom themes? If so try posting after switching to the default theme.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    It also did it with IE 9 for me at times. I was hoping that upgrading to IE 10 would fix it but evidently not. When editing, I often have to copy and paste into notepad, cancel editing, and start over pasting the saved text back in which is a pain but seems to work. Also, scrolling up/down seems to get screwed up as well. Maybe some JavaScript is trapping the keystrokes and is screwed up. Maybe it is the spell checker. Who knows. Regardless, I feel your pain.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It also did it with IE 9 for me at times. I was hoping that upgrading to IE 10 would fix it but evidently not. When editing, I often have to copy and paste into notepad, cancel editing, and start over pasting the saved text back in which is a pain but seems to work. Also, scrolling up/down seems to get screwed up as well. Maybe some JavaScript is trapping the keystrokes and is screwed up. Maybe it is the spell checker. Who knows. Regardless, I feel your pain.
    Hmmmm, I have no such issues with FireFox 14. Just saying..............

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hmmmm, I have no such issues with FireFox 14. Just saying..............
    +++++1

No problems here with my Firefox 19

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Earth
    Still, the world continues to poke fun at Internet Explorer, so we collected ten of the funniest jokes we came across these days in a single and easy to read blog post.

- The only time you are allowed to use Internet Explorer is when you're downloading Chrome or Mozilla.

- Microsoft CEO will personally apologize to the last remaining Internet Explorer user.

- Internet Explorer 10 will allow you to download Google Chrome up to 5 times faster.

- Best news of all: “Internet Explorer” does NOT work on Apple Macintosh.

- If Monday was a browser, it would be Internet Explorer.

- That awkward moment when you accidentally click on Internet Explorer & you have to wait for it to load so you can close it again.

- Internet Explorer has to make a commercial to get people to use it even though it’s already automatically installed in every pc.

- Turtle: nothing is slower than me. Snail: are you sure? How about Internet Explorer?

- Internet Explorer: The best browser for downloading another browser.

- Internet Explorer continues to blow me away with its speed and ease of use. – said no one, ever.
    Teehee

Diamond Member

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Earth
    - That awkward moment when you accidentally click on Internet Explorer & you have to wait for it to load so you can close it again.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Sure glad I use FireFox. I don't seem to ever have problems.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours