Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Friend of SETI.USA

Post Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Downloaded & Installed Driver v314.07 WHQL yesterday for the GTX 560 Ti but the System kept crashing Upon entering Windows 7, so I went back to the v310.90 Driver. The System runs okay with that Driver but the Collatz Wu's keep getting Computation Errors after a few Minutes running time. They ran okay with the GTX 470 that was in the Box but I sold that Card yesterday & replaced it with the GTX 560 Ti ... Either the 560 Ti is bad or the Collatz Wu's don't like to run on it, I'm running the 560 Ti at it's stock speed & the fan on 70 which reads about 60c on load. It's running 2 Wu's at once, maybe that's the problem, I don't know ???

Administrator
    Ste\/e, I use 301.42 on my 560ti and they work fine on everything. I've never tried 2 collatz at a time, so you might to start there.

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Well I'm running 2 because it is a Dual Core Card ...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Well I'm running 2 because it is a Dual Core Card ...
    Sorry, makes sense now. Doesn't Z have one of those?

Friend of SETI.USA

I think he has several of them ...

Diamond Member

Nice

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Administrator
    I think he has several of them ...
    Maybe once he gets out of bed he can shed a little light.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    Sorry, makes sense now. Doesn't Z have one of those?
    Are we talking about a GTX 560 Ti 2Win? I have one, yes. It's not running collatz right now. But I will give it a shot and report back.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Downloaded & Installed Driver v314.07 WHQL yesterday for the GTX 560 Ti but the System kept crashing Upon entering Windows 7, so I went back to the v310.90 Driver. The System runs okay with that Driver but the Collatz Wu's keep getting Computation Errors after a few Minutes running time. They ran okay with the GTX 470 that was in the Box but I sold that Card yesterday & replaced it with the GTX 560 Ti ... Either the 560 Ti is bad or the Collatz Wu's don't like to run on it, I'm running the 560 Ti at it's stock speed & the fan on 70 which reads about 60c on load. It's running 2 Wu's at once, maybe that's the problem, I don't know ???
    The collatz CUDA and OpenCL apps were never designed to run multiple instances on a single GPU. The v2.xx ATI apps were built using a customized Brook+ DLL specifically so multiple apps could run at once. That same Btrook+ DLL was used at MW which enabled Collatz and MW apps to "play nice" even before the BOINC client officially supported ATI cards. In other words, there's no guarantee running more than one Collatz CUDA or OpenCL at a time that they will work properly.

The whole reason there was a push to run multiple apps was due to projects with crappy GPU implementations that underutilized the GPU. Since the Collatz apps can be configured such that a WU will use so much GPU that the system is unresponsive, there has not been a need to run more than one app at a time.

However, with the release of the app_config.xml, it may be easier to run multiple apps than to tweak the app parameters. So, the next version of the Collatz apps will support running multiple copies. In addition, while OpenCL performance still sucks in general, the apps will use the CPU to verify the results so that a quorum of 2 is no longer required. The new "solo" apps will be GPU only so I may be tempted to change the OpenCL credit to match that of the CAL/Brook+ apps since AMD has already dropped Brook+ support and will soon be dropping CAL support.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Are we talking about a GTX 560 Ti 2Win? I have one, yes. It's not running collatz right now. But I will give it a shot and report back.
    Yes the Ti 2Win Z ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast