Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Diamond Member

Re: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

I was able to crunch the bigger collatz task with my 560 Ti 2win, no problem.

http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz...ltid=136534708

It is on a machine that has the 2win and a 590 (4 GPUs total). Win7 64 (all updates), BOINC 7.0.42, 314.07 driver (boinc shows it at 314.7 in the event log).
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Okay Z, but did you run just 1 or 2 at a time on the 2Win, and if only 1 how did you do that to restrict the Dual Core to only run 1 Collatz ??? Thanks

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Okay Z, but did you run just 1 or 2 at a time on the 2Win, and if only 1 how did you do that to restrict the Dual Core to only run 1 Collatz ??? Thanks
    I am not sure I understand the question. I ran 4 tasks at once on the machine, 1 per GPU. There is no option to run multiple tasks per GPU with collatz. Do you mean using an app_info.xml? No, I don't use one for collatz. You don't need it, as the load is already maxed out. And according to slicker's comment earlier in this thread, the CUDA app is not designed to run more than one per GPU at a time.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I am not sure I understand the question. I ran 4 tasks at once on the machine, 1 per GPU. There is no option to run multiple tasks per GPU with collatz. Do you mean using an app_info.xml? No, I don't use one for collatz. You don't need it, as the load is already maxed out. And according to slicker's comment earlier in this thread, the CUDA app is not designed to run more than one per GPU at a time.
    What I meant as did you run just 1 Wu on the 2Win or 2 Wu's as in 1 Per Core ... the 2Win I have seems to run 2 GPUGrid Wu's okay 1 on each Core but will Crash running 1 Collatz on each Core & the Computer won't even run with the 314.07 Driver, keeps rebooting when entering Windows, had to revert to the 310.90 Driver ...

Diamond Member

What I meant as did you run just 1 Wu on the 2Win or 2 Wu's as in 1 Per Core ... the 2Win I have seems to run 2 GPUGrid Wu's okay 1 on each Core but will Crash running 1 Collatz on each Core & the Computer won't even run with the 314.07 Driver, keeps rebooting when entering Windows, had to revert to the 310.90 Driver ...
    Okay, I am very confused now. Or rather, I think maybe you are? The 2win is a dual GPU card (two 560 Ti), just like the 590 (two 580).

So, I ran just one task on each of two GPUs in my 560 Ti 2win...both at the same time. One task per GPU.

Let me ask you a question: Are you using an app_info.xml? Or are you having these problems completely "native"?

Friend of SETI.USA

I'm not running any app file, the 2Win just wants to run 1 Wu on each GPU on it's own ...

Diamond Member

I'm not running any app file, the 2Win just wants to run 1 Wu on each GPU on it's own ...
    Okay, then we are on the same page. I have the same set up, and the tasks complete just fine.

Friend of SETI.USA

I installed the v314.07 Drivers on my other Box with a 560 2Win this morning & it seemed to run alright, have some Collatz running on it now to see if they Crash or not. I decided to try the other Box again with the 560 2Win in it with the v314.07 Drivers & this time the System didn't Crash, could have been just a bad install the first time because I didn't change anything since the last time I tried the v314.07 Drivers ...

Gold Member

What I meant as did you run just 1 Wu on the 2Win or 2 Wu's as in 1 Per Core ... the 2Win I have seems to run 2 GPUGrid Wu's okay 1 on each Core but will Crash running 1 Collatz on each Core & the Computer won't even run with the

314.07 Driver, keeps rebooting when entering Windows, had to revert to the 310.90 Driver ...
    I have a version that is working with the 314.07 drivers. Just finished initial testing today. Next tests are to see whether it can run multple WUs at one time via an app_config.xml. You guys want to help with testing it?
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I have a version that is working with the 314.07 drivers. Just finished initial testing today. Next tests are to see whether it can run multple WUs at one time via an app_config.xml. You guys want to help with testing it?
    Of course, I'm always in, when it comes to testing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast