Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

I'm not running any app myself, just what the Project sends me. The 7970 is running at it's stock speed too. The Wu's error out in less than 2 seconds after starting ... Windows 7 Pro 12.10 WHQL Drivers with NET4 Support ...

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I'm not running any app myself, just what the Project sends me. The 7970 is running at it's stock speed too. The Wu's error out in less than 2 seconds after starting ... Windows 7 Pro 12.10 WHQL Drivers with NET4 Support ...
    Hrm. Mine are running 12.10. And the machine has .NET 4.5.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Hrm. Mine are running 12.10. And the machine has .NET 4.5.
    Maybe it's the .NET code that needs updating then? I wonder if AMD uses some of that code in their latest drivers.

Friend of SETI.USA

I'll try & download the NET4.5 later & try it, gonna take a nap now ... ... all this Collatz stuff wore me out ... lol

Friend of SETI.USA

Installed Net 4.5, Rebooted, saw a Dramatic improvement of 1 Second before the Wu gave a Computation Error, before Net 4.5 I didn't see any Seconds before a Computation error so we're making progress anyway ... lol

I don't have a clue why it won't run them, the Box runs GPU Grid, Donate, Milkyway without any problems. I tried a different 7970 Box with different Brand 7970 in it than the other Box. I Installed NET 4.5 but didn't reboot, Box has a CPDN Wu on it @ 95% done & 280+ Hr's & didn't know where the last Checkpoint was so will wait for the CPDN Wu to finish in ? Hr's ... I did download 1 Collatz GPU Wu & it promptly erred out like the other Box so a Reboot probably isn't going to do anything to improve it.

I could be missing an Windows Update, I install the OS & do the SP1 Update but then Disable Update's & never do another one so that's a possibility but to figure out which one it would be would be awful hard I would think ...

Administrator
    No app file here either. I had the same problem a while back. I cleaned all the driver remnants with DriverSweeper and cleaned the registry with cc cleaner. Then reinstalled the drivers. Not sure if I did anything else, but I remember doing some research on the problem at the Collatz message boards. I now a lot of 7970 owners were having similar issues. At that time no one had a fix that worked for everyone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345