Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AMD 7990 Malta

Gold Member

Re: AMD 7990 Malta

Now a NY resident, I miss MN's 6.5 % sales tax, no Amazon tax and no sales tax on clothes. We went back home to MN for the Christmas week and took advantage of taxes there for the xmas shopping. Saved a ton on clothes alone

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmSti View Post
    Now a NY resident, I miss MN's 6.5 % sales tax, no Amazon tax and no sales tax on clothes. We went back home to MN for the Christmas week and took advantage of taxes there for the xmas shopping. Saved a ton on clothes alone
    Don't forget to pay the NY Use tax on these items in your 2014 NY Income Tax. This is NY, after all. We tax everything -- highly. If you follow the law, you will have saved nothing.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by myshortpencil View Post
    Don't forget to pay the NY Use tax on these items in your 2014 NY Income Tax. This is NY, after all. We tax everything -- highly. If you follow the law, you will have saved nothing.
    Bought and gifted in MN.

Silver Member

Bought and gifted in MN.
    My apologies. NY Loses. No use tax owed, unless immediate family members bring the items back to NY.
    Last edited by myshortpencil; 01-08-14 at 03:48 PM.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Don't relocate to Chicago then. The sales tax is 11.5% there. They also have percentage based gas and cigarette taxes (the latter now up over $13 a pack) so people actually take day trips to DuPage county just to buy smokes and fill up their tanks. Almost makes that $720 GPU seem reasonably priced!
    Omg! WT_ have they done to my city....

When I left Chi-Town, sales tax was 8.75%

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Omg! WT_ have they done to my city....

When I left Chi-Town, sales tax was 8.75%
    And it doesn't help to buy out of state since the state income tax will "estimate your online purchases" for you which means tack on a few hundred dollars in "lost sales tax" whether you bought anything out of state or not. I'm not sure there are any non-crooked politicians left in Illinois.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

Interesting not only are they sold out, Newegg has increased the price from $649.99 to $719.99. Must have been an EmSti only sale. I had only searched for 7990 on their site to see if they had any refurbished 7990s. More likely, they just realized they forgot to price gouge on this GPU, lately it seems like they are charging more than anyone else. Could it be they jack the price on anything that sells out fast these days?
    Newegg is now selling them for $899 each. Wish I had bought 2 originally @$649. Sell one on ebay to pay for the other.
    Oh, BTW - new card is up and running @ gpu clock 1100 and memory 1500 with stock voltage. It is running well on temp with another 7970 in the case (I have the 7990 as the lower card to get first chance of cool air flowing up from bottom of the case). All three engines are running collatz at 98%/99% load, temps:
    7970 @ 1200 clock - 71 F (up from 60 F when it was running alone)
    7990 gpu1 @ 1100 - 76 F
    7990 gpu 2 @ 1100 - 71 F

Notes on the XFX 7990 with their custom cooler (Triple Dissipation - FX-799A-6NF9):
    Voltage is lock.
    Max clock I could pick in my current version of MSU Afterburner is 1100 mhz. Guess I could try to upgrade MSI and see if a new version has higher option, but I don't want to go any higher....yet. And I don't want to do 2 changes at once. From what I have read on 7990 o.c. of 1100 MHz is about as good as it will get, but I could be wrong.
    It is quiet without the any coil whine that I have read about on reference 7990s.

Edit: removed comment about the gtx 690 engines' difference in temp. I found that one GPU was under performing and I fixed the issue. They are only 5 degrees apart.
    Last edited by EmSti; 01-13-14 at 10:33 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234