Thread: DDR2 question

Silver Member

DDR2 question

So I bought some DDR2 from a guy off of craigslist last night. When I went to pick it up, he asked which type of DDR2 I had because he had different kits where the space between the pins was different. Just wondering what the difference in the two is? I never had any issues with the DDR2 that I have fitting into any board that needed it.

EDIT: to give example the primary memory modules that i've used have 64 pins/side on one side of the slot and 56 pins/side on the other. The odd memory module has 68 pins/side on one side of the slot and 52 pins/side on the other
    Last edited by Crazybob's Son; 03-15-13 at 05:15 PM.

Silver Member

Re: DDR2 question

I suppose I should have looked up the memory part number before posing the question

Link to Ebay

In past experiences, the ECC memory states ECC on it. Why the hell doesn't this one??

Anyways, the guy sold me this set along with another 2x1Gb non-ECC set and I don't think I have any PC's that use ECC DDR2. Anyone need them?

And of course I couldn't resist but to refer him to check out SETI@home, DC projects, and stop by the team site/forums
    Last edited by Crazybob's Son; 03-15-13 at 05:36 PM.