Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 7xxx cards.

Diamond Member

Re: 7xxx cards.

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    EDIT: I guess the 580 is okay, it's taking about 4 Times as long to run the Moo GPU Wu's but it's getting about 4 times the Credit too so I got Excited about nothing on the 580 ... ... I need a spare Cheap yet fairly productive NVIDIA Card so I'm thinking about a GTX 660, can get one of those for under $200, a 670 cost over $300 & I don't want to spend that much on a card ...
    Keep in mind that there are different size tasks at Moo. So if your 580 is getting more credit, it is because it is running the bigger tasks. That would also account for the increased run time.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Keep in mind that there are different size tasks at Moo. So if your 580 is getting more credit, it is because it is running the bigger tasks. That would also account for the increased run time.
    I didn't realize that, all the Nividia Wu's ran the same amount of time (20 min's) until late last night then the started running longer (80 min's) & that threw me off ...

Diamond Member

If I recall correctly, the more powerful the card, the bigger the tasks are assigned by the server. There are at least two sizes. Maybe more. So be sure to look at tasks of the same credit value, when comparing run times.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234