Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who cares to help with the left overs on NFS@Home?

Gold Member

Re: Who cares to help with the left overs on NFS@Home?

I suppose the current users that wanted to help are receiving the left overs. By mistake I gave Steve ID so I apologize. When I was getting the ID's from Free-DC stats page using the mouse cursor I copied wrongly the ID and I gave Steve's instead of Denim ID.

Carlos

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    I suppose the current users that wanted to help are receiving the left overs. By mistake I gave Steve ID so I apologize. When I was getting the ID's from Free-DC stats page using the mouse cursor I copied wrongly the ID and I gave Steve's instead of Denim ID.

Carlos
    Well I know I have at least one, since I do not have that application type selected!

Or at least not for the last week or so!
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmanley57 View Post
    Well I know I have at least one, since I do not have that application type selected!

Or at least not for the last week or so!
    Well, I gave the ID's to Greg so by using a script he could send jobs to a user but strangely you were only awarded with one wu!
    I still need 198 hours to finish a post-processing job so within a week I will turn on boinc to Greg be able to send me the left overs. I think by then, and at current speed, we will need 2-3 days.

Carlos

Silver Member

I just checked and I have a bunch more now, and getting more!

Just have to run the 450+ V5's in front of them.
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmanley57 View Post
    I just checked and I have a bunch more now, and getting more!

Just have to run the 450+ V5's in front of them.
    Don't worry about, first finish the 16e V5 wu's. You will notice the long name of the wu's that need to be processed rapidly. What will happen is this: you can crunch faster than others or a few will be cancelled by the server. It's like a fun race to see who finishes first. I like it.
    I posted on the other thread the numbers of wu's still available to be done for 2,1049+ sieve job. At current pace they are being tested I think I will be able to enter this fun but cleaning instead the left overs of the 16e V5 wu's.

When I helped clean the 2,1037- left overs Greg sent:

Steve: 2299
    Carlos: 645
    Greg: 725
    Total WUs left: 3669

Of the 645, I did like 80 % because the wu's were also sent to normal clients, 20 % were processed faster. It was a fun race. I was with guts to finish them all.
    Anyway, you are doing an important job instead of them being crunched only at the end of their deadline of 7 days. We are pointing to the end of the month to start the next factoring phase of the 2,1049+ number, the post-processing stage on a big cluster.

Thank you.

Carlos

Past Administrator

Carlos, how long would you like my rigs to stay on NFS for the cleanup? Also, do I need to get all the WUs again, or should I leave just the last two checked (via our previous PM conversation)?
    Thanks!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Carlos, how long would you like my rigs to stay on NFS for the cleanup? Also, do I need to get all the WUs again, or should I leave just the last two checked (via our previous PM conversation)?
    Thanks!
    These are the remaining wu's:

Query: select * from workunit where ( name like 'S2p1049_%' and assimilate_state!=2 and appid=8 ) order by id desc limit 20
    396 records match the query.

Query: select * from workunit where ( name like 'S2p1049%' and assimilate_state!=2 and appid=9 ) order by id desc limit 20
    8362 records match the query.

I saw your computer are all windows based and so with less than 400 wu's you don't need to stay in the project anymore, please abort or clean first all 2,1049+ wu's that you have dowloaded so far. If you were on linux your help would be precious on 16e V5 clean up because of the remaining 8362 wu's. Thank you.

Carlos
    Last edited by pinhodecarlos; 04-15-13 at 04:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12