Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News: Microsoft Could Be Obsolete By 2017

Platinum Member

Re: News: Microsoft Could Be Obsolete By 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Hardware
    Speaking during an interview at E3, Microsoft's Don Mattrick told GameTrailers that users without an internet connection can always just stick with the Xbox 360. Really.

"Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity and it's called Xbox 360," he told Game Trailer's Geoff Keighley. When Keighley asks if that's Microsoft's message, Mattrick reiterates his point.

"Right, so stick with 360, that's your message if you don't like it?" Keighley asks. Mattrick responds: "If you have zero access to the internet, that is an offline device."

We're not sure this will help Microsoft's (or the Xbox One's) cause.
    lulz

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Hardware
    Speaking during an interview at E3, Microsoft's Don Mattrick told GameTrailers that users without an internet connection can always just stick with the Xbox 360. Really.

"Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity and it's called Xbox 360," he told Game Trailer's Geoff Keighley. When Keighley asks if that's Microsoft's message, Mattrick reiterates his point.

"Right, so stick with 360, that's your message if you don't like it?" Keighley asks. Mattrick responds: "If you have zero access to the internet, that is an offline device."

We're not sure this will help Microsoft's (or the Xbox One's) cause.
    lulz
    Now I know everyone at M$ is smokin' crack... Not just Mr. Gates.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Now I know everyone at M$ is smokin' crack... Not just Mr. Gates.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Platinum Member

94.7% Of Gamers Favor PS4 To Xbox One, According To Amazon.com Poll

Attachment 1423

Sony PlayStation 4 Launch Edition Already Sold Out At Amazon. Goodbye M$

Past Administrator

Dummmm, Ta-da-dum dummmmmmmmmm

"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish........"
    --Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy--
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 06-17-13 at 10:41 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Dummmm, Ta-da-dum dummmmmmmmmm

"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish........"
    --Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy--

One blunder after another, that's for sure. Good thing for them they had Win7 as a breakout winner after the Vista fiasco. Hopefully they will just "re-skin" Win7 for their next update and call it Win8.1!
    The other thing that helps them is all the royalties they get from every Android phone sold. That can't be small chump change, the way Samsung is just going to town. I don't even like their plastic cheapo-feeling phones for the most part, but they are going gangbusters, so that helps MS' bottom line of course.

What I HOPE happens is that the coders actually code to the higher standard of the PS4, with the options of turning the detail down when ported to MS' new XBox 1. The problem will be if they only code to what the XBox 1 can do, and then port that over to the PS4 - screwing gamers out of higher detail and/or enhanced play they could have had. I'm sure MS is somewhat betting on that.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    One blunder after another, that's for sure. Good thing for them they had Win7 as a breakout winner after the Vista fiasco. Hopefully they will just "re-skin" Win7 for their next update and call it Win8.1!
    The other thing that helps them is all the royalties they get from every Android phone sold. That can't be small chump change, the way Samsung is just going to town. I don't even like their plastic cheapo-feeling phones for the most part, but they are going gangbusters, so that helps MS' bottom line of course.

What I HOPE happens is that the coders actually code to the higher standard of the PS4, with the options of turning the detail down when ported to MS' new XBox 1. The problem will be if they only code to what the XBox 1 can do, and then port that over to the PS4 - screwing gamers out of higher detail and/or enhanced play they could have had. I'm sure MS is somewhat betting on that.
    Android...??? Me thinks you have made an error.

M$'s mobile product = Windows Phone (Link) and is languishing behind Android.

Android = Google's mobile product.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Android...??? Me thinks you have made an error.

M$'s mobile product = Windows Phone (Link) and is languishing behind Android.

Android = Google's mobile product.
    I believe he is correct. There is an IP situation that gets Microsoft royalties for every Android device sold...

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft...licensing.aspx

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    I believe he is correct. There is an IP situation that gets Microsoft royalties for every Android device sold...

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft...licensing.aspx
    Pretty soon Micro$oft won't actually create anything, but just own patents and other companies. Oh, wait. That's what they've been doing for years.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I'm not trying to back Microsoft, believe me, I wish I could run Linux but the business software is "married" to Windows. But here's what I don't like about this trend, and please remember I'm looking at this from a doctor's neurology background: The "average Joe" user is being dumbed down even further, and has turned even MORE into a consumer, instead of a content creator. Most consumerism is cognitively passive. Pretty soon all these devices will be just as bad (read passive or one-way data flow) for people as watching a TV is. Maybe even worse because of early onset of carpel tunnel and their extremely poor posture and eye fatigue looking at a tiny screen! LOL.

Ever tried actually creating any worth while content on a tablet? It sucks. How about on a "smart phone"? Please...trust me, we didn't have Internet access at the beach pad for 2 years, so I know. I tried. A "real" keyboard and bigger screen will blow these things out of the water every time for actually doing something productive.

[RANT] But then again...apparently no one cares if we are a healthy, productive society or not because just look at all the stats. The numbers don't lie. Maybe that is why so many are happy to dump their actual computer for a tablet or smaller device - all they ever wanted one for was surfing or watching a movie on anyway.[/RANT]
    I like the way you think DrPop and it's so true what you said.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast