Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Multiple GPU's

Platinum Member

Re: Using Multiple GPU's

Depending on your version of BOINC, you will need to find the preferences under one of the tabs at the top. In the pop-up window, the first tab should be Processor usage. Near the bottom, you can tell it to use whatever percentage you want. So on an 8 core system, using 75% leaves 2 processors free for the GPU's.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Platinum Member

Guess we should have asked earlier, but which GPU project are you doing?

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

krazy k

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    Guess we should have asked earlier, but which GPU project are you doing?
    I have it set to use 100% of the processoers 100% of the time.

It's on Dirt with the same preferences for the machine that is running both gpus.

Which is making this real strange. Other that different hardware the machines are identically set up, save for the 64 vs 32. If I didn't have to deal with comcast adding things to my bill, my lost amazon package, my broken windshield, flat tire, and burned out headlight, and now 6 inches of snow I would have time to switch the cards between the machines to replicate this.
    Last edited by krazy k; 04-11-13 at 11:27 AM.

Gold Member

Just out of curiosity have you gone to the advanced tab and told BOINC to "read config file?

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

krazy k

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    Just out of curiosity have you gone to the advanced tab and told BOINC to "read config file?
    I do that after every change but haven't seen anything different. I've restarted BOINC quite a few times too; just to be sure. I could fire up the VPN and give you guys a chance to look at it yourselves. I'll send some beer to whomever can figure it out.

Other projects are also only seeing just the one. It has to be something so easy that I'm missing. Maybe I'll try that E=MCHammered thing tonight.
    Last edited by krazy k; 04-11-13 at 12:35 PM.

Diamond Member

You aren't using the built in windows version of VNC are you? That is not compatible with BOINC GPU crunching. You have to use a real VNC client like ultravnc, or a proprietary version like TeamViewer.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Question:

What does it say at the top of the Event Log about the GPU/S? Does it only show the one or give any errors?

And does it say "Config: use all coprocessors"?
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

krazy k

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    You aren't using the built in windows version of VNC are you? That is not compatible with BOINC GPU crunching. You have to use a real VNC client like ultravnc, or a proprietary version like TeamViewer.
    No. My gateway was a build in VPN. I would have like to get a WatchGuard, but it's tough to spend that much for stuff that's in the 'just for fun' column.

krazy k

Quote Originally Posted by kmanley57 View Post
    Question:

What does it say at the top of the Event Log about the GPU/S? Does it only show the one or give any errors?

And does it say "Config: use all coprocessors"?

Yup.
    Capture.JPG

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by krazy k View Post
    .........I miss my 6.10.60 version boinc that has the messages tab because that way you can at least see that it doesn't recognize your gpu, but I digress.
    IIRC try Ctrl + Alt + E to show the Messages Window.

Not to insult you but double check the PCI-E power cables that connect to your GPUs. (I've forgotten to reconnect those on more then one occasion).

Also try
    *If cards are not the same model series, install the more recent model in PCI-E slot closest to CPU
    *Win7 is flaky, period. Although you shouldn't need to, try extending the desktop to the 2nd GPU. I had one mixed GPU setup awhile back that needed this to get CUDA work.
    *Double check all the tags in you cc_config file. Just to be sure.
    *nVidia drivers may be corrupt. Uninstall via Windows program manager, reboot into safe-mode and run Driver Sweeper, then run CCleaner, reboot into normal desktop and reinstall nVidia drivers.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast