Quote Originally Posted by NJCaNS View Post
Do it for the team. ARG!!

Work is so sporadic on this project and given out so slowly (only a few at a time as in no caching) therefore hard to get that everyone should attach to the project to get a few WU's. When asked for the project URL, enter: http://pirates.spy-hill.net/

SG is 1K up on us on RAC and we're in first by only 20K but we're almost 600K from a valuable 1 million Mega Milestone. So get em while they're there.

Mumps, what's your secret to getting so many credits? Sheer number of PC's? If one had a virtual setup on their PC they could run Pirates there and get more WU's?
Sadly enough, yes, sheer numbers. I currently have 56 hosts participating in Pirates. No VM's though, but my guess is that would indeed work. I just powered up one of the VM's I had hanging around and it happily grabbed itself a Pirates task. Not a surprise to me seeing as 90% of my hosts are behind the same firewall, and would show as the same IP address. And there's 3 main groups of those that would all be matching O/S and hardware.