Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates has work!

Re: Pirates has work!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCaNS View Post
    Keel-haul the lubber! We were just getting up to full sail. Now we're sitting in the doldrums 1.5K behind SG. Hope they don't blow their ballast.
    Yeah, we worked hard to get that #1 a while back (as with a few other projects) and have now just let it slip away. I don’t expect the Pirates work to last much longer this round so unless a crapload of machines get attached for our team SG will maintain their new #1 position.
    Not sure why members keep detaching or set clients to no new work on this project , short WUs and doesn’t noticeably effect production on other projects. Once we reached the top it was basically a no brainer to stay there, just keep attached and crunch the rare WUs when they appear. Sadly we dropped the ball as many machines are no longer attached or were set to not ask for work during the latest WU drought on the project.

Congrats to SETI.Germany for keeping their eye on the ball, well done.

Silver Member

Yes I've even added it to my GF laptop now, and that's a nogo area. I caught some hell but she didn't delete it! I should pickup 2 more computers this afternoon.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Past Administrator

Just got some!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

krackedpress

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Just got some!
    I got 1 then there were no more work.
    An hour later I got 3 more in my queue.
    I am running them now - suspended the other projects to get Pirates running.
    Well, they just finished and there is no more work again.

I have Pirates listed as 1000 [28.57%] for resource share with the others at 100 [2.86%]. That is 26 project total with most set up as "Won't get new tasks". I wish to see Orbits geting some work as well, but Pirates is great. I have 1746.xx credits so far since July 2009.

At "http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boinc_status", after last page reload, Pirates has 8 tasks with 2529 out for processing. But there is no work for my Linux/Ubuntu machine.

Hopefully there will be more.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by krackedpress View Post
    I got 1 then there were no more work.
    An hour later I got 3 more in my queue.
    I am running them now - suspended the other projects to get Pirates running.
    Well, they just finished and there is no more work again.

I have Pirates listed as 1000 [28.57%] for resource share with the others at 100 [2.86%]. That is 26 project total with most set up as "Won't get new tasks". I wish to see Orbits geting some work as well, but Pirates is great. I have 1746.xx credits so far since July 2009.

At "http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boinc_status", after last page reload, Pirates has 8 tasks with 2529 out for processing. But there is no work for my Linux/Ubuntu machine.

Hopefully there will be more.
    You can only get tasks once an hour. Don't suspend your other projects. At the very least, set their resource share to 0.
    6r39 7r199

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    You can only get tasks once an hour. Don't suspend your other projects. At the very least, set their resource share to 0.
    They have a 1 Hour Backoff because people were running Scripts to hog all the Wu', now if you manually Update the Project before the Hour is up you won't get any work plus your re-set to 1 Hour afgain before you can get any more work.

krackedpress

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    They have a 1 Hour Backoff because people were running Scripts to hog all the Wu', now if you manually Update the Project before the Hour is up you won't get any work plus your re-set to 1 Hour afgain before you can get any more work.
    I suspended the other projects to get the Pirates WUs to work then, and not wait for the others to finish up. Once they start running, I resume the projects.

I set Pirates to a 1000 resource share with the other projects at 100. I was told that would help with getting Pirates with a full queue of other projects. Full meaning 1/2 to 3/4 of a day worth of WUs to run.

I just updated the "amount" of work from .25 days to 2 days. Maybe it would give me more than 1 WU per core each time I see it in my queue.

EDIT:
    Just got 2 more WUs.
    Do they always take about a minute to run [or is it just doing that now]?

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boinc_status
    is still showing the same figure of 8 WUs available, as it did the last time I posted a reply to this thread [above].
    Last edited by krackedpress; 01-03-12 at 09:00 AM.

Gold Member

Yep. They don't do much of anything. The project is mainly to test new server and client features. They have (had?) really good documentation on setting up a project (http://www.spy-hill.net/~myers/help/...ct.html#server) which I believe was also a reason for the project generating WUs at times. Now I think they just enable it once in a while for kicks. There is almost always work on April Fools Day and "Act like a pirate day".
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by krackedpress View Post
    The current tasks are the "yello" ones. If you click the graphic button while they're running, you'll get a window that is Yellow.

PS. The graphic works in Linux.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

I jumped up and down and ran to the internet as soon as i seen the WU's! glad to see someone posted
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast