Thread: Issues with BAM.....

Past Administrator

Issues with BAM.....

Lately, I have been having problems with BAM resetting individual system project resource shares to Zero almost every day. Anyone else seeing this?

Almost ready to dump BAM completely. Are either of the other Boinc account managers any better?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Re: Issues with BAM.....

I only get that issue when I try and use the resource share settings in BAM. So I stopped using that feature entirely. I really only use bam to attach/detach from projects, set no new work, or detach when done. I also find it handy to identify when some host is FUBAR and not communicating or reporting results.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Lately, I have been having problems with BAM resetting individual system project resource shares to Zero almost every day. Anyone else seeing this?

Almost ready to dump BAM completely. Are either of the other Boinc account managers any better?
    I don't see that problem. in any case, the other two AMs have a very limited project list to chose from.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I don't see that problem. in any case, the other two AMs have a very limited project list to chose from.
    Ok, thanks.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Swordfish

BAM is the best project manager out there. That said, I dumped it months ago due to it's tendancy to detach projects manually added from the clients. There are too many projects not listed in BAM.

Platinum Member

I'm a micromanager, so I only use BAM for computers I rarely see. Any computer I'm at regularly I don't use BAM for...

Administrator

I have a question about BAM... Let's say I have 2 computers, Rig A and Rig B.

Rig A is at my house and I do not use BAM on this system. I am running project 1 and project 2 on it.

Rig B is at a friends house and I am using BAM to control that rig. I am running project 1 on this rig.

If I need to change projects on Rig B from project 1 to project 2 and I tell BAM to detach all hosts from project 1 and to attach all hosts to project 2, will it try to make changes to Rig A eventhough I don't use BAM on Rig A?
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    I have a question about BAM... Let's say I have 2 computers, Rig A and Rig B.

Rig A is at my house and I do not use BAM on this system. I am running project 1 and project 2 on it.

Rig B is at a friends house and I am using BAM to control that rig. I am running project 1 on this rig.

If I need to change projects on Rig B from project 1 to project 2 and I tell BAM to detach all hosts from project 1 and to attach all hosts to project 2, will it try to make changes to Rig A eventhough I don't use BAM on Rig A?
    Nope. It can only control the systems associated with the account.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Nope. It can only control the systems associated with the account.
    You have no idea how badly I wanted to here that. Very kewl.

Thoughts abound...
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up