Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BitCoin Utopia: Heads up!

Platinum Member

Re: BitCoin Utopia: Heads up!

I'm running 12.11 (looks like 12.11 Beta 11) on my Win7 x64 machine and haven't had a single BU WU hang yet.

Friend of SETI.USA

I Installed the 13.4 Drivers on 1 Box & the 20 Share Wu's seem to run okay now but the 100 Share Wu's all Error out in a few Sec's of starting ...

Diamond Member

I should also note, the hanging problem happens to me only on AMD GPUs, and even then, only on multi-GPU machines.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

My AMD Box's are just Single GPU Box's, have the Wu's running on 2 Box's okay now, just the 20 Share Wu's though, trouble is now I can't get any new Wu's to either Box ...

I'm 22k away from the 25 Million Mark & can't get work ... ... According to the Server Status they only have the 100 Share Wu's left right now, I'm not running them though because of the credit's & they error out on me anyway ... I just tried 3 more of the 100 Share Wu's & all 3 Erred at about the 5-6 Second mark ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 08-03-13 at 10:00 AM.

Gold Member

I'm running 2 5850s with Catalyst 13.4 on a Vista x64 machine - it currently has a 100 Share WU hanging. I probably won't get to it until Monday morning, so there goes a weekend of crunching for that GPU! I should have known better to leave it running BU with all the issues over the last few days, but I wanted to see if the 100 Share credit issue was fixed. My bad-

Administrator

Things seem to be working better for me now. I'm running the 20 shares in 2.75 minutes or less for 1200 credits and no hung wus.
    Last edited by Al; 08-05-13 at 08:54 PM.

Platinum Member

Was the issue ever fixed where the wu's would only work on the 7000 series?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta

Platinum Member

Well JPM, I've pretty much always been running BU on my 5890 card, so I wasn't aware that it couldn't run them at all.

And, if I remember right, FourOh is using a Dual 5850 setup on his.

My one complaint is they stopped distributing Linux tasks a while ago, so I can't get as much running on the project as I'd like... I should probably mention that on their Fora at some point.

Platinum Member

Hmmm I remember reading about in their forums and my 5870 wouldn't work on any task, short or long. Must need a newer driver then since I'm still using 12.10

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta

Platinum Member

So i updated the driver to 13.4. Now the Wu's actually have a run time that ticks away. However, 100% nothing is happening. GPU usage sits at 0%, clock speed stays idled down to 137MHz. 20 share or 100 share makes no difference. There are a few threads on their forums now about non-7000 series cards having problems, but i can't determine any differences between what i have setup and what the people that have had some luck have setup. *shrug* Maybe i should just upgrade and be done with the hassle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast