Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Brakedown

Silver Member

Nvidia Brakedown

I took a couple of hours today and came up with a performance scale based on PG for Nvidia cards. the 5XX series might be a little off dew to lack of data I spent about 6 hours on it. They are all based on stock speeds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...URsb3NxazU4RkE

The newer ones are more efficient so the performance gflops are modified to show such.

I updated this today with the 6XX series if anyone is still using it.
    Last edited by Dandasarge; 12-13-12 at 10:45 AM. Reason: New link
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Platinum Member

Re: Nvidia Brakedown

Dude - that is pretty awesome...

Past Administrator

That's quite the project! What exactly are you referring to with the performance GFLOPS? Is there some generation that is the baseline - for example, card X has Y GFLOPS and Y Performance GFLOPS...and a newer card has Y GFLOPS but Y(a) Performance GFLOPS?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    That's quite the project! What exactly are you referring to with the performance GFLOPS? Is there some generation that is the baseline - for example, card X has Y GFLOPS and Y Performance GFLOPS...and a newer card has Y GFLOPS but Y(a) Performance GFLOPS?

Thanks for clearing that up.
    the (a)(b) cards are cards that they produced 2 different speeds under the same tag. the newer cards produce more credit per gflop. 200 series are aprox 41% faster at crunching then there 8XXX-9XXX cards but there gflops are aprox the same on paper. so I had to come up with a performance # to show the productivity difference. The 400 Series is 91% faster then the same gflop at 8XXX-9XXX. The 500 series is aprox 110% faster then the 8XXX-9XXX they may be a little faster but not all the data I need has made it to the net.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    the (a)(b) cards are cards that they produced 2 different speeds under the same tag. the newer cards produce more credit per gflop. 200 series are aprox 41% faster at crunching then there 8XXX-9XXX cards but there gflops are aprox the same on paper. so I had to come up with a performance # to show the productivity difference. The 400 Series is 91% faster then the same gflop at 8XXX-9XXX. The 500 series is aprox 110% faster then the 8XXX-9XXX they may be a little faster but not all the data I need has made it to the net.
    Pretty cool. I don't know the exact functionality of Google's spreadsheet but if it is identical to Excel, you could put in a couple pull-down menus and run calculations of comparing (2) cards and how much faster one is than the other based on your data.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Pretty cool. I don't know the exact functionality of Google's spreadsheet but if it is identical to Excel, you could put in a couple pull-down menus and run calculations of comparing (2) cards and how much faster one is than the other based on your data.
    Its the same as excel you can import in and out but I have no idea how to use any real formulas. If it couldn't be don in excel 15 years ago I can't do it now. I could do a percent to the side from 100% down.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    Its the same as excel you can import in and out but I have no idea how to use any real formulas. If it couldn't be don in excel 15 years ago I can't do it now. I could do a percent to the side from 100% down.
    PullDownMenu.zip

1)First create (2) Lists in Excel like I have in this file.

2)Then click on a blank cell where you want the choice from the list to show up.

Go to the menu bar and click, DATA, then DATA VALIDATION. In the Allow Field use the pulldown menu and click on List, then on Source. The source will be the cell range which will be an expression like this: =$A$10:$A$12 The easiest way is to click on the button next to the Source Field and use the mouse to select the cells. Click on OK and that will create the first pulldown menu. Repeat this for the second pulldown menu.

3)Once that is done click in a blank cell under the pulldown menus and here is where the formula is placed to do the calculations to the data from pulldown menu #1 and pulldown menu #2.

In my example the formula in cell B5 is: =SUM(B2+B3) to simply add the numbers. The formula =(B2+B3) will do the same thing but I'm old school.

Here is a link for some formulas if you are interested.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...005200127.aspx
    Last edited by STMahlberg; 01-16-11 at 08:53 AM.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Silver Member

I've added watts

Zytozux

Ouch, I'm running one of those 8500 GTs

Platinum Member

Is there no data for the 330s at the top of the sheet? I have a few at school I can check out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast