Thread: More projects for this section

jwleath

More projects for this section

Hi all,

Just noticed that there are a couple other projects that we should list here in the "Astronomy, Chemistry, and Physics" section.
    First, there's "Spinhenge@home" which is researching nano-magnetic molecules.
    Also, there's the Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 over at World Community Grid. Most of the research at WCG is related to biology, which is why they're listed in the "Medicine, Healthcare, Biology" section, but Clean Energy is an important energy project and I hope you'll support it.
    The Edges project is listed here, but like WCG, it contains a number of subprojects which you may not know about. One of them is ISDEP, which simulates particle trajectories in nuclear fusion reactors. Good stuff. Check out the Edges site and see what they have available.
    Thanks, you guys, for helping to push science forward!

Jason

Platinum Member

Re: More projects for this section

Thanks for the heads-up. We certainly support each of these projects - the organization here is just a simple way to keep our boards clean and so people can find posts when they need them.

Good info, and thanks for sharing!

Diamond Member

Can a sub-forum please be added for SETI Beta, and the RSS feed added?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Can a sub-forum please be added for SETI Beta, and the RSS feed added?
    I figured SetiBeta would just go in the SETI forum. But +1 for adding the RSS feed.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    I figured SetiBeta would just go in the SETI forum. But +1 for adding the RSS feed.
    Careful with adding the SETI Beta RSS feed to the SETI forum. It would be VERY confusing. For example the BETA feed from today:

Stopped SETI@home work generation.
    We'll be testing SETI@home version 7 soon, and I'd like to minimize the confusion of having two different versions of SETI@home running simultaneously.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne