Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SUncleSamA: Introduction

SUncleSamA

SUncleSamA: Introduction

I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.

Excerpt from the book "How NOT to make friends and influence others"

Hopefully that will be my last attempt at humor here. My purpose here is to help kick start you, give you a shove in the right direction and to help you over hurdles. Now that the team's daily output has dropped to 5th in the world I believe there is a role for me here. Think of me as a consultant, a catalyst, an enabler, a motivator, etc. But also a concerned comrade.

Don't try too hard to guess who or whom I am. First I'll respond like the Navy and confirm nothing and second it could ruin my role here. Be satisfied for now to know I've been cruising around the boards for a few years and have an interest in seeing SUSA do well.

You are a great bunch of crunchers and members for SUSA, your hearts and motivation are in the right place but I get the feeling you are too nice sometimes so the team looks like it functions rudderless and without defined purpose. You are in need of type A person(s). I hope to be a type A- person for you. I don't plan on conversing. I will just make declarative suggestions. Your job will be to take action because I won't. I'm the consultant if you remember. I'm also fairly thick skinned so go ahead and criticize me if you see fit.

So now let's roll.

Platinum Member

Re: SUncleSamA: Introduction

Welcome to our boards. It's too bad that you are only here as a consultant. We could use some of the governments computers to take back our lead. We will take any advice you have to offer. If it is sound, we will react to it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SUncleSamA View Post

So now let's roll.
    Okay... I'm going to play Devils Advocate here... Or rather, I should say, I'm just going to be me. First, I don't trust the government, and they rarely help anyone but themselves. So the first line of your sales pitch just made me mistrust you.

I have read your other posts and although you have many points that are valid and I certainly agree with several... you still have the problem because of the introduction... I don't trust you.

You say you have been cruising the boards for a couple years and wish to see S.USA succeed, I can give you kudos for that, yet you come in with this Drill Sargent attitude and call yourself a "consultant". As far as I am concerned you are a noob barking orders. Now I don't only not trust you, now I don't like you.

You say we can guess who you are but that would ruin your role... Why do you need a role? If you are known to us, why not just suggest all of this yourself instead of under the guise of an unknown quasi consultant?

You claim that we are rudderless... and discuss points then take no action. I will only make this comment about that. I would rather be rudderless than deliberately steered into the path of a torpedo.

You are an unknown, hiding your identity, and telling us what we need to do. You have made 3 posts that I have seen and out of that... I don't trust you, nor like you and as far as I know you are the enemy.

Those are some really big hurtles that you need to overcome as far as I am concerned.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Gold Member

I think it's Tera. He hasn't been around since 1969.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    First, I don't trust the government, and they rarely help anyone but themselves.
    I happen to agree with you completely. Government and trust should not be uttered in the same sentence.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Administrator

Too bad we don't have the server logs from the old board. If we had them then a query could be run to check his current ip against the database to find any matches. THEN it could be determined if this individual was genuine or a lame poser.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Too bad we don't have the server logs from the old board. If we had them then a query could be run to check his current ip against the database to find any matches. THEN it could be determined if this individual was genuine or a lame poser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    ... I think the Idea of a committee is great, this is the problem. Working people do not have the time required to be in a committee...
    I would like to believe that SUncleSamA is legitimate, I just don't like the Cloak and Dagger or demanding style. He has good points but I have to agree with Dandasarge also... everyone here is busy with work and life.

The fact remains, crunching is a hobby and I want to enjoy my hobbies; I don't want them to become another job.

The one thing we have all enjoyed having on S.USA is the ability to do our own thing. We also have our focus projects like, BlackOps, MM's, and MW... and yes we do discuss some things to death and then take no action at times. That can be a little frustrating because I know I would like someone to say, Project X... GO! And I believe that this can be done without making demands of anyone.

So SUncleSamA whoever you are... just come back as yourself.

Just my 2 cents.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Teratoma

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I think it's Tera. He hasn't been around since 1969.
    Hey!. I resemble that remark! Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I am not here.

Teratoma

If it helps anyone, SUncleSamA's profile states his/her referer as Crunch3r. The originating IP is located in Maryland and registered to a company in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SUncleSamA View Post
    Oh NO!
    As much as my health insurance premium and co-pays went up this year I'm not sure I can afford any more of the Government's "help".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast