Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SUncleSamA: Introduction

Past Administrator

Re: SUncleSamA: Introduction

My good Uncle Sam ... he's back! Well, I can't disagree with anything you bring up. Actually at the risk of sounding like your shill, I agree with everything you said in this particular post.

My answer? We're working on it! You can only herd cats so fast, my man. The way I see it, every day that goes by is a missed opportunity and 24Mil credits given up. Going to be that much harder to punch through the wall when we get there.

I've got something cooking on the side that's going to take a while before it really stirs the pot. But it will, just needs a little time on the burner.
    And for the record, [Top Gun] is good, and I support crunching the highest credit return projects 100%. But, at this point we need to pull SETI.USA up by its boot straps. We need to do MORE than just crunch for highest credit output. We need a SWAT team to do some demo & rescue work, some Snipers to go ahead of the pack, and a regular old BlackOps Clan working on my [classified] mission.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    My good Uncle Sam ... he's back! Well, I can't disagree with anything you bring up. Actually at the risk of sounding like your shill, I agree with everything you said in this particular post.

My answer? We're working on it! You can only herd cats so fast, my man. The way I see it, every day that goes by is a missed opportunity and 24Mil credits given up. Going to be that much harder to punch through the wall when we get there.

I've got something cooking on the side that's going to take a while before it really stirs the pot. But it will, just needs a little time on the burner.
    And for the record, [Top Gun] is good, and I support crunching the highest credit return projects 100%. But, at this point we need to pull SETI.USA up by its boot straps. We need to do MORE than just crunch for highest credit output. We need a SWAT team to do some demo & rescue work, some Snipers to go ahead of the pack, and a regular old BlackOps Clan working on my [classified] mission.
    I also agree but it was a pretty state the obvious kinda post. To Sam you find me a 1/2 decent domain name and I'll buy it. I've punched in more then 1000 names all coming up as owned. its got to be short remember-able and SETI.USA related. If you read my post you will find at least 5 about the dang URL. I believe it a key in recruitment.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Gold Member

@SUncleSamA. You hand out advice....fine. I am no longer going to comment on that (maybe). But here is some advice from me: You want to help the team? Buy yourself a couple more computers and throw some crunching GPU's in them. I have spent $1000s of dollars this year to upgrade my computers so they can crunch better for the team. As one might say, put your money where your mouth is.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...4a45477271b554

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    I also agree but it was a pretty state the obvious kinda post. To Sam you find me a 1/2 decent domain name and I'll buy it. I've punched in more then 1000 names all coming up as owned. its got to be short remember-able and SETI.USA related. If you read my post you will find at least 5 about the dang URL. I believe it a key in recruitment.
    We are (or are considering) changing the team URL??!!
    What happened to getting the old one re-assigned to this board?

Past Administrator

OK, wow...don't want to open up a giant can of worms here. The URL is being pursued, that's all I know. If you'd like to PM me about it, I'll try to pass on any relevant info to you.

Diamond Member

Questions:

Quote Originally Posted by SUncleSamA View Post
    If I find the post I'm recalling I'll bring it to the Team Only section (which was also a good thing to have created by the way).
    Er, how? I mean, how and still be anonymous? I thought we validated people with access to that? If anonymous people have access to a private forum, it's not private by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by SUncleSamA View Post
    p.s. I joined the Top Gun division because that's all that matters right now. Even if I only can contribute a little at the moment.
    To join a division, you have to change your BOINC userid on >50% of the projects to something with "[BlackOps]". Again, hard to do and still remain anonymous.

Of course, these are all rhetorical questions any way. You are a regular member acting as a new-commer.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by NJCaNS View Post
    We are (or are considering) changing the team URL??!!
    What happened to getting the old one re-assigned to this board?
    I'm up for any url, the more the better. I dont think we as a team are changing anything. People are working on the old one. with word of waiting up to 2 more years. I have started looking for a new one that could be used. at one time we had 8-10 urls. now we can't seem to get one.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post

Here's the rub. If one believes that the goal is to be #1 is total credits, then anything that is not "crunching the highest credit return projects" is actually a LOSS, and is detrimental to the goal. If we "do MORE than just crunch for highest credit output" and support "a SWAT team to do some demo & rescue work", then we have worked AGAINST the goal of being #1 in total credits. If the top project pays 100 c/h, any project that pays (say) 70 c/h is cheating the team of 30 c/h. The goal of #1 total credits does not allow for compromise.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Just a little question. What sites show MM stats VS total credits in the overall position and ranking spots?

Gold Member

And I am still waiting for that sam guy to respond.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast