Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pirates

Gold Member

Re: Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    For BOINC accounts, it is better to use an email address that won't change just because you change ISPs. Something like gmail, yahoo, etc.
    I pay $20 a year for a yahoo account with extra privileges. It's worth it for me. I use an email reader (Thunderbird) at home and at work using pop mail. No need to open a web browser. Also, no ads.

I pay a small fee a year for that very reason. It's nice to be able to drop one internet provider for another without affecting the email account everyone has for you.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    For BOINC accounts, it is better to use an email address that won't change just because you change ISPs. Something like gmail, yahoo, etc.
    I wish I'd done that a long time ago... too late now, as I can't get into many of the projects I signed up for... too old an email address on many of them. Oh well! I still get points!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Past Administrator

Contacting the project admins might yield some help getting your email addy straightened out.

Also, if you are an ATT ISP subscriber and later change your provider, ATT will let you keep your email addy with the ability to continue using a 3rd party email client. Just thought y'all should know.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

If I am going to crunch this project I got to get an invite code to make an account

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by E-30 View Post
    If I am going to crunch this project I got to get an invite code to make an account
    Invite codes can only be obtained from the project, and it's pretty unlikely they'll give out any soon. Sometimes projects will stop allowing new member sign-ups when the amount of work they have becomes very little and they feel the members they already have can handle it. I know you weren't around when Pirates first started up, but it's an example of why it's a good idea to sign up for every project when it begins, even if you have no intention of crunching it for awhile, or don't even currently have the ability (such as requiring an OS, or piece of hardware you don't currently have). That way if the project decides to quit accepting members one day, you don't have to worry about it

Administrator

Last I knew they weren't issuing codes anymore. Try "blunderbuss" it worked for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123