Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wuprop Down

Administrator

Wuprop Down

Is anyone else having problems reporting tasks? I haven't been able to upload since yesterday afternoon and I can't access the site either.

Edit: Never mind, it just came up.
    Last edited by Al; 09-19-13 at 08:29 AM.

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Wuprop Down

Looks like the WuProp Project is Down, can't connect & none of my WuProp Wu's will Upload, so I guess we'll be losing Hr's until their back up again ...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I guess we'll be losing Hr's until their back up again ...
    I'm not so sure we will lose ... I think there were several folks who shut off their internet during the Rosetta bunker and even without being able to report WuProp kept track of the hours properly. At least I hope that is what will happen

Friend of SETI.USA

I'll just keep running, hopefully they'll come back up soon. I figure they have been down for 3+ Hr's already ...

Gold Member

I don't think you will have any problems with credit. I shut down during the bunker and I think I got all my credit. I never shut down wuprop. First rule of crunching is you don't get any credit if is isn't running.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Platinum Member

Yes, while I was bunkering for Rosetta, my WuProp tasks kept running long after their scheduled end time. Sitting there hovering at a little time left to complete, but never completing. Once the tasks could contact the server, they finally finished up and granted hours and credits appropriate for their extra long run times. You can see it in my credit graph on Free-DC. Hovering around 8K Daily, but with those two spikes from when I released my Rosetta bunkers. Haven't gone much beyond about 3 days, but that at least gives them a bit more time to recover.

Administrator

Cool! I was wrong in my thinking. You could actually bunker wuprop. Nice for anyone that doesn't use the firewall method.

Platinum Member

Dang! Now it does look like we'll be losing hours. The website is back up, and my tasks have reported in and completed, but now they sit with the project reporting it can't open the database. So in that state, you won't be getting any hours...

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Dang! Now it does look like we'll be losing hours. The website is back up, and my tasks have reported in and completed, but now they sit with the project reporting it can't open the database. So in that state, you won't be getting any hours...
    Same here, all Box's waiting to report their WuProp Wu's. I'm pretty sure I lost everything this morning too, the Wu's were done but just hadn't Uploaded yet. I did suspend Numberfields & download a bunch of Asteroid Wu's & then Suspended my Network. Trouble is when the WuProp Project came back up the WuProp Wu's were the last to Upload & get new Wu's. So all the finished Wu's from Numberfields & Asteroids had already reported before I got new WuProp Wu's to record their Reporting, so I'm almost sure those Hr's are lost with more to come since I've been running for some Hr's now without new WuProp Wu's ...

Looks like the Project is back up for now anyway, my Hr's haven't moved at all though for the last 15 Hr's or so ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-05-14 at 02:21 PM.

Gold Member

I have a couple that are waiting to up load by request from project, the others are running. guess I will wait till the project lets them report and see.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast