Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Team!

Hello Team!

Hello all, I have am like 4hrs new to this. I will appreciate all the advice you can give, and I am excited to be here.
    Last edited by spader; 11-19-14 at 07:03 PM.

Administrator

Re: Hello Team!

Welcome to SUSA spader! Glad to have you here. I am sorry about the initial posting problem, but hopefully that's all set now.

Let us know what kind of cpu and gpu you have. There are a bunch of experienced people here to point you in the direction that's right for you.

Cool I appreciate that, I am currently running I7-4700MQ CPU @2.40Ghz overclocked to 3.60Ghz and a Intel 4600 GPU.

Diamond Member

Hello spader
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    Cool I appreciate that, I am currently running I7-4700MQ CPU @2.40Ghz overclocked to 3.60Ghz and a Intel 4600 GPU.
    Well, you can run pretty much anything you want with that processor, so it's just a matter of what runs well and still allows you to do what you want to do (non-boinc) with your laptop. Many members crunch with laptops and I'm sure some will chime in with suggestions. I don't crunch on my laptop much because the cooling design on mine leaves a lot to be desire. As for gpu, Collatz will crunch on a 4600 I believe. Several other projects support intel graphics and it's discussed here.

Platinum Member

On that Intel GPU, Collatz will probably give you the most credits. Einstein is another option (I'm running Einstein on my Intel GPU right now, though I used to run Collatz) if you'd prefer to do aerospace research rather than math research.

As far as your CPU goes, you'll be able to use it on nearly every project. if you want to let us know what you're interested in, we can give you some good suggestions.

And last, but certainly not least, welcome to the team and message boards! Glad to have you around!

I am intrested in both aerospace and
    Right now I am crunching Einstein, and collatz. They were crunching pretty fast but now they are creeping at over 5 hrs a WU. Any way to speed this up.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    I am intrested in both aerospace and
    Right now I am crunching Einstein, and collatz. They were crunching pretty fast but now they are creeping at over 5 hrs a WU. Any way to speed this up.
    Is that on the gpu or cpus? What collatz wus are you working? Mini, Solo or Large?

Past Administrator

Hi Spader, welcome to the club! . We like and crunch just about every BOINC project out there on this team, so have some fun looking around and see what kind of projects or challenges interest you.
    Most of all, have fun with the crunching hobby and we're always here if you need help with anything!

For some reason in my log file is states "No GPU's now" Collatz wus were Mini.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast