Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Division

Past Admin

Re: Team Division

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I think "SUSA Core Division" would be good.
    +1

I just came up with "Reserves" because I had a brainfart.....
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28´th December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

I like that as well; how about "Crunchers For the Science"...like mentioned in the other thread - those people that fall into this category are most likely doing it because they like a particular project's science or application.

Silver Member

my 2c is that any member of the team should be able to so in any place, I would say that there should be verified members and non verified. Non verified can’t go any place we talk strategy. Where dose that line get drawn though? What do you base it on? There are outside help like the Musketeers that are vary close to us. I wouldn’t want to hide any thing from them but at the same time they don’t need to know everything we do. I guess this is why the government have 10 levels of classification.

Maybe Bok can give us the scale he can work with or wants to work with as far as user rights?

I hope we have planed for enough admin’s because this is going to be a work load.

This is also why the military leadership is in pairs, everything should be redundant to keep stress off any 1 person.

There has to be a figure head. I’ll for now assume this is still blackjack. He still crunches (General)

But you have to have your Sergeant Major. We should prob split this into a couple people.

And your Chief this will be whoever the top form admin is. Anyone that dose the background work on the form should hold some lvl chief spot. How the form admin’s wish to break this up is up to ya’ll it should hold no weight on any other part though. This is only so members can identify who you are and respect as such.

You have to have your headquarters staff. The recruiter/ the stats people/ exc.

Then the teams all need 2 leaders The General and his SM Some people are better at some things then others. I think that’s a good start.

Some people will fall into 2 maybe 3 categories. Other then the command I think you should be able to be in multiple categories.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    +1

I just came up with "Reserves" because I had a brainfart.....
    No Beer it was a great idea I agreed at the time. You knew something had to be there.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Past Administrator

Fair enough. It should be fairly simple to let everyone see the regular "general banter" forums like the lounge, all the individual project forums, etc.

The Division forums are the only ones that should be off limits to NON-team members. I agree that all "regular members of SETI.USA" should have access to all division forums.

Each member would ideally "register" with the head of the division they feel most aligned with, as a formality only. This is so that we can avoid mass group mailings, and have a more personal form of communication from the top of the division down...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Fair enough. It should be fairly simple to let everyone see the regular "general banter" forums like the lounge, all the individual project forums, etc.

The Division forums are the only ones that should be off limits to NON-team members. I agree that all "regular members of SETI.USA" should have access to all division forums.

Each member would ideally "register" with the head of the division they feel most aligned with, as a formality only. This is so that we can avoid mass group mailings, and have a more personal form of communication from the top of the division down...
    Something I would like to add about Division access and users and it was brought up somewhere about how to tell who's who I believe.

The user titles can be changed to identify a S.USA member from say Team Musketeer. Currently our user titles are based on the number of posts that we make, i.e. New Member, Silver Member, etc. this is an automatic feature within the system.

You can change it to see when you post at least, something like this:

DrPop
    Silver Member

to:

DrPop
    S.USA

or

Dr. Dan
    Team Musketeer

Colors of the title can also be changed. Unfortunately all of this would have to be done manually as far as I've seen. And once again, I volunteer to do this.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Harley

Here are a few suggestions. I'm just trying to put a friendlier face on it.

If I changed your suggestion.... please don't be offended. If I stole one of your ideas.... please don't be offended. Please feel free to make any changes you like or you can totally ignore these. I will not be offended.

BlackOps Division
    Seti.USA’s Strategic Strike Force. Whether you need help defending a position, overtaking a position or help with a challenge. These are the members who respond. We’re quick, mobile, powerful and looking for a fight. Just give us a call. We’ve got your back!

Mega Stoners
    For members who are chasing the Mega Milestones. If you want as many Mega Milestones across all projects or the highest Mega Milestones in a select few projects, this is the place for you.

Top Gun Division
    For members who want to see Seti.USA grab the top Overall Boinc spot. Through optimized apps, upgrades and crunching the highest paying projects, “We’ll get it done!”

“SUSA Core Division” or “SUSA Corps”
    For the casual cruncher or the “in it for the science” minded person. Maybe you just want to donate your spare computer power or you don’t have the time to keep on top of everything going on in the Boinc world (projects, credits or whatever). We’re casual, laidback and welcoming. Come on in and join us.

Past Administrator

+1 [points to post above] I love the suggestions! Looks great, and friendly too. Who wouldn't find a place to fit in the above categories?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Here are a few suggestions. I'm just trying to put a friendlier face on it.

If I changed your suggestion.... please don't be offended. If I stole one of your ideas.... please don't be offended. Please feel free to make any changes you like or you can totally ignore these. I will not be offended.

BlackOps Division
    Seti.USA’s Strategic Strike Force. Whether you need help defending a position, overtaking a position or help with a challenge. These are the members who respond. We’re quick, mobile, powerful and looking for a fight. Just give us a call. We’ve got your back!

Mega Stoners
    For members who are chasing the Mega Milestones. If you want as many Mega Milestones across all projects or the highest Mega Milestones in a select few projects, this is the place for you.

Top Gun Division
    For members who want to see Seti.USA grab the top Overall Boinc spot. Through optimized apps, upgrades and crunching the highest paying projects, “We’ll get it done!”

“SUSA Core Division” or “SUSA Corps”
    For the casual cruncher or the “in it for the science” minded person. Maybe you just want to donate your spare computer power or you don’t have the time to keep on top of everything going on in the Boinc world (projects, credits or whatever). We’re casual, laidback and welcoming. Come on in and join us.
    I like these as well, good descriptions. So perhaps just four Divisions instead of five?
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    I like these as well, good descriptions. So perhaps just four Divisions instead of five?
    No objections from me!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28´th December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast