Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Team Division

Diamond Member

Re: Team Division

Okay, I see a problem here. The #2 ranked division is not one of the divisions agreed upon, with associated forums created. So what now? Do we create new folders to match whatever members choose to do? Or what?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

That's just left over from when we all had [SETI.USA] in our names for advertisement. I'll change Kat's for her now; some will just have to wait until folks get around to changing them, I guess.

Administrator

Interesting... I'm not listed and I have changed all of my projects to STMahlberg.SETI.USA [BlackOps]
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Interesting... I'm not listed and I have changed all of my projects to STMahlberg.SETI.USA [BlackOps]
    I believe Bok is still working out some bugs. When I changed my name he had to manually include me. Drop him a line and I'm sure he will take care of it.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    You're there now... http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...bteam=BlackOps

Here are all your UN's at projects: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...1baa6c465fa472

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Thank you Maxwell.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Diamond Member

I think we agree that the team [core] represents everyone not in one of the other divisions. But most of the people who are that, will never be updating their name, because they aren't even aware of it. And so they are left out of the stats for [core].

I suggest one of two thing to happen:

1) Ask Bok to include all the users without [core] in their name to be automatically added to the [core] division. Not even sure if this is possible, but it is what I would prefer.

2) On the stats page, list all the teams without a [xxx] name as their own division. I don't like this as much, because it splits the core division's stats.

Thoughts?

Incognito

You are probably correct, there are many active members that do not visit the forum and therefore do not know about the divisions.. However, is it really necessary to put a label on everyone by automatically sticking them in a division? Is there a compelling reason for this other than someone's desire to see if they personally or their division is leading in the “division stats”?

Personally, I am not to interested in the division stats and prefer to just watch the team and my stats, so I have not joined a division. There may be others that have not joined a division intentionally, so it might be best to hold off on adding everyone to a division.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    You are probably correct, there are many active members that do not visit the forum and therefore do not know about the divisions.. However, is it really necessary to put a label on everyone by automatically sticking them in a division? Is there a compelling reason for this other than someone's desire to see if they personally or their division is leading in the “division stats”?

Personally, I am not to interested in the division stats and prefer to just watch the team and my stats, so I have not joined a division. There may be others that have not joined a division intentionally, so it might be best to hold off on adding everyone to a division.
    A couple of points.

The old stats without divisions still exist. So if anyone doesn't like the division stats, they can just not look at them.

My suggestion #2 would accommodate your feedback.

Silver Member

Question Team Divisions & Recruitment

what do you all think of contacting other us based teams and getting them to join seti.usa as user.seti.usa [old team name]?

as in:
    user.seti.usa [U.S.Air Force] current avg work done 1,570,438
    user.seti.usa [United States] current avg work done 16,085
    user.seti.usa [US NAVY] current avg work done 4,091,941

a search of teams using the search term "united states" finds:

United States of America
    United States
    United States Merchant Marine Academy
    United States Naval Academy
    Delaware, United States
    USAP - United States Antarctic Program
    United States Air Force Academy Graduates
    Diplomats of the United States
    United States Air Force Academy
    Team LoUiSiAna - UNITED STATES
    Illinois, United States
    United States Airforce
    United States Pilots
    United States Border Patrol
    SETI.United States of America
    Henderson Family Group - United States
    United States Pirate Party
    United States Military Academy
    The_United_Statesian
    United States Military

i am sure there are more us based teams

just did a search in boincstats for "country = united states" and found that all usa based teams together have total credit of 136,264,075,652
    and seti.usa has total credit of only 12,971,539,142
    Last edited by bmwr606; 02-13-11 at 02:20 AM. Reason: more info

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast