Thread: Hello

dustyroads1661

Smile Hello

Hope I'm in the right place. Just want to say hello and thanks for having us (my family and me) as new members to your group. We haven't a clue yet what to do, but are anxious to learn. We saw a television show explaining Seti and Bionic, and really got excited that we could be a part of it. Anyway, hi again and thanks for having us.

Past Administrator

Re: Hello

Hello there Dusty and welcome. Make yourself at home.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by dustyroads1661 View Post
    Hope I'm in the right place. Just want to say hello and thanks for having us (my family and me) as new members to your group. We haven't a clue yet what to do, but are anxious to learn. We saw a television show explaining Seti and Bionic, and really got excited that we could be a part of it. Anyway, hi again and thanks for having us.
    Hello, and welcome! Any questions you have just ask away. SETI@Home is a great place to start, that's where most of us got our start. There are a lot of distributed computing projects you can join, get points, badges, enter challenges. It's quite fun and addicting!

Silver Member

Welcome aboard, and visit the boards often. There's a lot going on here as well as being a good source of information. Welcome to the team!!

Diamond Member

Hello dustyroads1661 and family.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Please let me add our welcome to your family! My daughter crunches with us sometimes and my wife, Kim, sure puts up with lots of extra computers and parts around as well, so we feel like it's a family hobby too!
    All you need is just one computer to start with; install BOINC, attach to the project of your choice (it might be SETI@Home for now) and you're set. If you join Team SETI.USA on every project you crunch, it will really help the team grow, and we're always thankful for the help!

Silver Member

Welcome to SETI.USA. This is a great place to get started and everyone is very helpful with setting up your system to do what you want it to do. I'm one of the people that only has one computer running projects, but I still enjoy being part of the challenges...

Ask for help anytime you need or want some! I've often asked for help and gotten several answers from this great group of folks!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Gold Member

Welcome to the world of boinc and to the team, glad to have you here.

Gold Member

If contributing to the SETI project is your goal, you may want to check out http://lunatics.kwsn.net/ where you can download optimized applications for the SETI project that will get more work done in less time. Running optimized applications results in more credits for you and for the team.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

Welcome and don't be a stranger. As said before if you need any help just ask as we have a lot of people willing to answer questions. If you need advice we have a lot of "experts" around for that as we......

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours