Thread: Ripple Labs team

Silver Member

Ripple Labs team

Saw this team that everyone and their brother was jumping onto when I was looking at stats yesterday. Looked it up and found this https://www.computingforgood.org/

Sure did build a team really fast. Anyone here want to create a new currency we can give away?

Gold Member

Re: Ripple Labs team

I ever did find a list of stores that you could spend it at.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Gold Member

They are now number one in RAC according to BONICstats. It is interesting, Ripple.com indicates that are a method of transferring money, I did notice there is a "security fee", but did get into much detail. Something else to learn....

Not sure why they are tied into World Community Grid beyond they give folks the digital money for doing it.

Platinum Member

Ripple is simply trying to get their currency in as many peoples' hands as possible, so they give some away to people for crunching WCG, thinking that'll help get their name out there. Plus since they're giving people this currency, they're likely to use it, which helps get their name out there even more. Problem is, the more currency they give away, the more they have to create to give away, the more their currency is devalued.

Edit: oh i was mistaken. The ripple execs poofed 100billion XRPs into existence, claimed to own 20% of them, and control the other 80%. Ripple is a scam, basically, and i sincerely hope no one on this team has fallen for it.
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 01-29-14 at 11:58 PM.

Gold Member

I was wondering who they were and why they're growing so fast. On free-dc we have lost a few to ripple but not many

Vic (mobile)