Thread: Disc Golf

Gold Member

Disc Golf

Anyone a disc golfer? If so, do you play anywhere around Buffalo, NY. I am want to start playing again, but new to the area and it would be more fun to play in a group than solo.

Silver Member

Re: Disc Golf

Assume you know about http://www.nrdg.org/

Lived in Hamburg for a short time. When I moved to NM I wondered what those people were doing in the parks. Now I know what it is called.

Gold Member

Yes I have checked out that sight, looks like most of their league stuff is done for the year. I will be watching it to see if they have winter get togethers.

Past Administrator

I played it a few times at the Frisbee Golf course in Wilmette Ill when I was really into Freestyle (MANY years ago). Then the Township of Wilmette decided they did not like all the urban undesirables (i.e. minority teens and young adults from Chicago) using the public course, so they voted to have the whole thing removed. The township failed to realize things built with State/Federal monies cannot just be torn down and a class-action suit was filed against the township. When the dust settled, the courts ordered Wilmette township to reinstall the course.... On Their Own Dime.
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 12-07-13 at 02:29 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    I played it a few times at the Frisbee Golf course in Wilmette Ill when I was really into Freestyle (MANY years ago). Then the Township of Wilmette decided they did not like all the urban undesirables (i.e. minority teens and young adults from Chicago) using the public course, so they voted to have the whole thing removed. The township failed to realize things built with State/Federal monies cannot just be torn down and a class-action suit was filed against the township. When the dust settled, the courts ordered Wilmette township to reinstall the course.... On Their Own Dime.
    Some people just don't like to see other people have a good time.