Thread: SETI and/or SETIbeta pendings

Platinum Member

SETI and/or SETIbeta pendings

It's late on a Saturday, and I'm curious. How much in pendings to you have at either of these projects? I'm actively crunching Beta to get my 1M there, and currently have ~240k in pending. Anyone else want to play?

Surakon

Re: SETI and/or SETIbeta pendings

Same here, getting alittle tired of this "pending" crap, get with it SETI@Home !!!

Platinum Member

Hehe...

I had a big validation day a little while back, but have built it back up to where I have 163k in pending. [sarcasm]Woohoo!!! [/sarcasm]

Past Administrator

I claimed a while back I wouldn't crunch SETI again until they made a few changes...well, looks like they did get a couple new servers, at least. I might give it a go again for a bit - maybe S-L-O-W-L-Y work my up to .5Mil or something. I'm at 339K right now.

Do you all have an Opti - app for SETI or are the [SSE] optimized instructions part of the regular program now?

Larry256

SETI Op Apps

Get the Apps here http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?m...wnloads;catd=9

The Unified Installer will set up the apps and make the app_info.xml.The ATI GPU files will need to be downloaded after the cpu is set up.

Larry256
    Last edited by Larry256; 03-13-11 at 02:38 PM. Reason: FIX

Platinum Member

Last I checked (and it's been a while), Lunatics had actually taken down the opti apps for SETI. I don't check the SETI boards, so I'm not sure if it's because they were integrated or have new apps or what.

And a server is the last thing that needed to change about the project. I would rather go for 100M on GPUGrid (and they are irritating me at the moment) than crunch SETI or beta again. The only reason I was on Beta was because I'm a MM whore, and can't not do it.

If I were to hazard a wild guess, your 500k would take you 3-4 months minimum from where you are now.

Past Administrator

@Larry - thanks for that info

@Maxwell - wow. Maybe I'll put this idea on the back burner, then. That's just insane. I wonder what causes them to be that way over there?

Gold Member

Re: SETI Op Apps

Quote Originally Posted by Larry256 View Post
    Get the Apps here http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?m...wnloads;catd=9

The Unified Installer will set up the apps and make the app_info.xml.The ATI GPU files will need to be downloaded after the cpu is set up.

Larry256
    Apparently, I'm no longer a lunatic. My username doesn't exist anymore.

This link goes to Windows apps.
    6r39 7r199

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    @Maxwell - wow. Maybe I'll put this idea on the back burner, then. That's just insane. I wonder what causes them to be that way over there?
    The project admin. SETI is down more than it is up now, and not worth the havoc it wreaks with other projects. I got my 1M on both projects, now I'm done. *wipes brow with much rejoicing*