Thread: Tbe wife is mad at me now.....

Tbe wife is mad at me now.....

She does tolerate the computers but I recently went from Denver to Phoenix to purchase a pair of speakers. Polk sda srs 2.3's. Left work Friday at 4pm and was back home and in bed by 9:30pm Saturday. I have had a Yamaha m-80 amp sitting for the last 20 years and these speakers not only handle 1 but can handle 2 of these amps. You'll have to google a picture, I forgot how good music could sound. She just didn't know they were 5 feet tall and 155 lbs each. Shouldn't she be more understanding? They fit in the living room. The only part I did not know until Sunday was that 8 people died in the storms I drove thru and all I was trying to do was keep at 80 mph for the trip, 1854.4 miles to be exact. Guess I was lucky, only had 5/8 of an inch between the speakers in the Xterra, good fit. I tried the " but honey " routine but I think she is going to use one as a coffin. You all have a good Christmas. Patrick

Guess I could learn how to spell- the
    Last edited by Clank [MM]; 12-23-13 at 03:24 PM.

Gold Member

Re: Tbe wife is mad at me now.....

Say "Look on the bright side honey, it was this or another motorcycle."

I'm jealous BTW. Sounds like you have a sweet audio setup.

Past Administrator

I applaud the dedication and sacrifice. Though I'm not into the Polk sound, I do understand your desire for quality sound reproduction. My beloved KEF 104/3's are in need of serious repair. Been waiting 2 years now but can't part with the necessary funds

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Mine aren't quite as impressive as yours, and much more ancient, but I've got a pair of RTA 12's. Was very pleased with them when I bought them oh so many years ago. Not even at 35% volume and my system shook the ceiling tiles in the basement.

Gold Member

Speaking of driving for speakers, I re-purposed some 5x7's that I bought for a car to replace some weak speakers in a couple speaker enclosures I have in the house. The 4-ohms matched the speakers I took out. They sound pretty good with the Sony receiver/amp I bought. I traded that car in for one that has 4x6 enclosures so I just had the 5x7's sitting around.
    6r39 7r199