Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't get rid of Einstein !!!

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: I can't get rid of Einstein !!!

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    That problem where einstein and albert send tasks for applications you have not selected, that is not you. It is a problem with their server software. They have customized it so much, I think they are scared to update it
    I knew that all along but couldn't convince them that the problem was on their end, they just kept telling me it was my fault, maybe they realize it's on their end now ...

Silver Member

Had 60 WUs this week for Ati, all correct even with 0.5 correction, tried both 1 and .5 .Maybe luck.

Platinum Member

Why not just leave it on the machine and set it at a VERY low share and NNW?

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Why not just leave it on the machine and set it at a VERY low share and NNW?
    I had it set to NNW & the Project Suspended but I still got work from the Project on 1 Computer under the User Name of >>> ce6712, I have no Idea who ce6712 is. Also my Account at the Project doesn't show any Wu's have been sent to me so I don't know who is getting the Wu's, all I know is that their showing up on my Computer. I even Detached the Computer from the Project but it Re-Attached it's self some how again & got more work. I haven't got any new work from the Project the last few days so other than having the Project Attached on that Box under the User Name of ce6712 I guess everything is alright. I can't detach the Project on that Box either with the BOINC Client ... Weird

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I had it set to NNW & the Project Suspended but I still got work from the Project on 1 Computer under the User Name of >>> ce6712, I have no Idea who ce6712 is. Also my Account at the Project doesn't show any Wu's have been sent to me so I don't know who is getting the Wu's, all I know is that their showing up on my Computer. I even Detached the Computer from the Project but it Re-Attached it's self some how again & got more work. I haven't got any new work from the Project the last few days so other than having the Project Attached on that Box under the User Name of ce6712 I guess everything is alright. I can't detach the Project on that Box either with the BOINC Client ... Weird
    Thats pretty nuts.

Past Administrator

Me thinks your comp has been hijacked. Best bet is reinstall Win and use a firewall.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Me thinks your comp has been hijacked. Best bet is reinstall Win and use a firewall.
    Possibly but not sure of that. I deleted all Einstein Account info in my BOINC Directory & tried to re-attach the Box again but no go, BOINC said I was already Attached to the Project with that Box. So I went to the Project & Deleted the Box, then I just did an Update & it's now shows it Attached with the Proper User Name STE\/E so hopefully everything is okay now ...

Past Administrator

Oh okay, you found a solution, good! Still, you should consider a software firewall other then the WinCrap version. Also, consider disabling Windows Remote Desktop. I do that on ALL my systems and ones I've built for others.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    They have customized it so much, I think they are scared to update it.
    I spent the day fixing bugs in the latest server release that were either supposedly already fixed when reported or I previously fixed them but no one merge the fixed code back in yet. The only way to upgrade is to use the experimental version as DA hasn't updated the "stable" version in eons. It takes a week or more to get a new server version running properly. DA thinks you just download and that's it. Not. I don't blame the Einstein folks. Once I get Collatz back up, it won't get upgraded (through BOINC anyway) for quite a while. I'll fix what I need myself since all DA ever says is "I checked in a fix." He never tells anyone what got fixed or where it got fixed because they make so many other changes (a.k.a. fixing what wasn't broken) that the minor bug fix usually requires updating half a dozen files.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12