Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collatz: Collatz Back Online with Solo Collatz Only

Diamond Member

Re: Collatz: Collatz Back Online with Solo Collatz Only

It was missing a preference for selecting AMD GPUs. Maybe he had to take it down to fix that?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    It was missing a preference for selecting AMD GPUs. Maybe he had to take it down to fix that?
    Back up again, has the ATI/AMD Option now in the Preferences ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Had to stop running Collatz with my 7870, it was running just fine for the last 4-5 Days since I started running the Project with the 7870 but this morning the GPU Load dropped to under 35% & nothing I did would bring it back up to the 98%-99% GPU Load it was running at. So I put it back over on MOO & it seems to be running okay there like it was before. I don't know what it is with Collatz but I can never get more than a few day's if that much out of any Card ATI or NVIDIA without them puking their guts out I have to take them off the Project ... Weird ...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Had to stop running Collatz with my 7870, it was running just fine for the last 4-5 Days since I started running the Project with the 7870 but this morning the GPU Load dropped to under 35% & nothing I did would bring it back up to the 98%-99% GPU Load it was running at. So I put it back over on MOO & it seems to be running okay there like it was before. I don't know what it is with Collatz but I can never get more than a few day's if that much out of any Card ATI or NVIDIA without them puking their guts out I have to take them off the Project ... Weird ...
    I have one 7970 that I have to run two solo wus at a time to get the usage % up. Of course that was before the application changes and I haven't tried it since.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    I have one 7970 that I have to run two solo wus at a time to get the usage % up. Of course that was before the application changes and I haven't tried it since.
    I'm just going to try to finish MOO for 250 Million & then I'll try Collatz again ...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    The apps were not reading the config file correctly. They now do. Without changing the config file, especially the items_per_kernel and kernels_per_iteration settings will result in a lot of CPU usage and really slow run times since the app's default settings are set up to work on HD 4830 and 8400GS GPUs.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    The apps were not reading the config file correctly. They now do. Without changing the config file, especially the items_per_kernel and kernels_per_iteration settings will result in a lot of CPU usage and really slow run times since the app's default settings are set up to work on HD 4830 and 8400GS GPUs.
    There's nothing in the gpu.config file in the Collatz Project Directory, I reset the Project but still nothing so I assume it's something I'm supposed to put there. I don't have a clue what to put there so I'll stay with MOO for now. Probably why I don't run Collatz no more, way too much configuring for me to bother with ...

Silver Member

Think reset is not enough , I removed it completely and made a new install and all works fine.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by conf View Post
    Think reset is not enough , I removed it completely and made a new install and all works fine.
    I tried that too, still run's very slow, I think the problem is the Collatz GPU Wu isn't using any CPU Resource, I show 24% Idle CPU in the Task Manager which is about 2 of the Thread's that the Collatz Wu should be using but isn't. Like I said there's nothing in the gpu.config file to tell it what to use I assume & I don't know what to put there to tell it what to use ...

Diamond Member

The collatz config files are not universal any more. There is a config file unique to each app. So you need to update the specific app config file now.

There is a config file per app version, platform, and plan class. When the version gets updated, a new config file goes with it. I tried using a generic one but that wasn't getting read. So, the app is back to the config file matching the app name exactly. In other words, solo_collatz.config will not work. It would need to be in the format:
    solo_collatz_<version>_<platform>__<plan_class>.co nfig

e.g.
    solo_collatz_6.04_windows_x86_64__opencl_nvidia_gp u.config
    Read more here: http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz...ad.php?id=1115
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast