Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Maxwell Gen 1

Gold Member

Re: Maxwell Gen 1

From the looks of this GTX 750 Ti on Collatz, expected results should be around 300k/day:
    http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz...?hostid=133526

That's 50% more production than the HD 7750 (currently the fastest AMD card that doesn't require auxiliary power) with 20% less power draw.

I'm hoping to get my 750 Ti up and running tonight or tomorrow morning and start putting it to the test!

Past Administrator

Wow! That's pretty good. For those of us "utility bill conscious" crunchers, please keep us posted on the results.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    I did find out that the Titan Black will have a liquid version coming soon with the waterblock made by EK.
    I guess the EVGA rep was mistaken. The Titan Black Hydro Coppers have been released and have Swiftech waterblocks.

I've been trying to find a way to liquid cool a GTX 750Ti to make it a true single slot with no luck, but maybe there are some northbridge blocks that will work on it It's too tiny!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    I've been trying to find a way to liquid cool a GTX 750Ti to make it a true single slot with no luck, but maybe there are some northbridge blocks that will work on it It's too tiny!
    We have a winner!! (soon)

EK Water Blocks is also working on a new value oriented water block for the NVIDIAŽ Maxwell GM107 GPU based GeForceŽ GTX 750- and GTX 750 Ti series graphics cards. EK-FC750 GTX will again feature single-slot design to free adjacent PCI(e) slot and allow stacking of these graphics cards. Due to variety of NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 750 (Ti) circuit board designs and no prescribed standard this water block will directly cool GPU and RAM only in order to maximize hardware compatibility.

Gold Member

I've been running 750 Ti on Collatz for a couple days; results are 300k/day as expected. At 60W that's 5000 credits/day/watt - very strong, just edging out the HD 7790 which produces about 4700 credits/day/watt.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post
    I've been running 750 Ti on Collatz for a couple days; results are 300k/day as expected. At 60W that's 5000 credits/day/watt - very strong, just edging out the HD 7790 which produces about 4700 credits/day/watt.
    Stupendous! Have you seen How to Increase the GeForce GTX 750 Ti Power Target Limit?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by myshortpencil View Post
    TWEEEEEEAK

I'll have to give this a try soon, before the weather starts to warm up (any week now). My HTPC is in the back of a closet with very little ventilation, so I don't want to push it.

Platinum Member

And poof. Just like that the Denver CPUs that were supposed to appear in the GTX 800 series GPUs have vanished with no explanation from Nvidia. In fact, they're acting as if they never existed in the first place. No more ARM chips on the GPUs to help speed things up afterall.

Past Administrator

nVidia must have a really big magic wand...

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Bad news. Looks like TSMC is failing constantly (still) and won't be able to make 20nm GPU chips for AMD or Nvidia for quite awhile yet. Without it, Nvidia's Maxwell's won't be nearly as tempting. Same for AMD. TSMC has been trying for quite awhile now and they just keep screwing it all up

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast