Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a 2'nd Copy of BOINC to run right ?

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Getting a 2'nd Copy of BOINC to run right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Yeah. Steve gave me a bump of about 200K for the mornings reporting today. Would have been nice if that could have been held until the challenge, but C'est la Vie.

I really should have hunted down those instructions posted elsewhere on how you can limit the number of completed WU's uploaded at a time. Because with that Ste\/e could have limited it to only uploading like 1 WU for each block of 16 new ones he downloaded. It's around on the forums somewhere. It's a cc_config.xml setting is all I remember ATM.
    Sorry Guy's, I just couldn't see the Box's sitting there Idle for that long before the Challenged started & it was the only way for me to get more work. Yeah I would have loved to have that, the loss would have been minimal then, as it was the Project keep saying to many Wu's Uploading for it to give me any, weird. Don't l know how many I Uploaded & reported but it Bumped my Credit up 1.3 Million, like you said would have been nice to have had that at Challenges start, probably 6-7k worth of Wu's if not more, already have 1000 Bunkered again in the last 5 Hr's, at that rate I should have 6k-7k Bunkered again by Challenges start ... One good thing it looks like I did get another 7500 Hr Bump for Pog's at WuProp so at least I didn't lose all the Hr's if any, don't really know ...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Yeah. Steve gave me a bump of about 200K for the mornings reporting today. Would have been nice if that could have been held until the challenge, but C'est la Vie.

I really should have hunted down those instructions posted elsewhere on how you can limit the number of completed WU's uploaded at a time. Because with that Ste\/e could have limited it to only uploading like 1 WU for each block of 16 new ones he downloaded. It's around on the forums somewhere. It's a cc_config.xml setting is all I remember ATM.

Not entirely sure I understand it but would this be the post you are referring to?
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

If the above post is true then wouldn't you have to go into the options for Boinc itself to turn off any report immediately options?

Very ill and tired at work so I don't have a client to mess with to find out where I'm coming up with the "report immediately" but I thought it was an option for the app_config file.
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Friend of SETI.USA

No it's in the Options section of the cc_config.xml file in the BOINC Directory ...

Platinum Member

Yes. That's exactly what I had in mind. Something that should be added to some FAQ somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12