Thread: Collatz performance on iGPU

Silver Member

Collatz performance on iGPU

I haven't been running much Collatz lately with the Einstein 135th birthday challenge and this is the first time I've had a chance to check on its performance while running on my HD4000. I can see right now it's running .497 cpus +1 intel_gpu.
    The app is "solo_collatz 6.04 (opencl_intel_gpu)

I dont have much a recent collatz history so I can't even compare to nvidia gpu atm but this is what I get:
    18,177.57 .... 15,461.43 .... 7,438.99 solo_collatz v6.04 (opencl_intel_gpu)
    5 hours for ~ 7500 credit. Gpu-z says the HD4000 is running 97-98% load, according to open hardware manager CPU graphics are drawing ~13.8w (i think 15 is max), so far this app saturates the igpu the best, i know seti and einstein loads jump around a lot but that could be the nature of the work.

Just looking for some iGPU comparisons if someone could share. This is a single thread, no concurrent work on the igpu, its on a i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz with (gpuz says 10mb dedicated and 68mb dynamic ram)

Diamond Member

Re: Collatz performance on iGPU

My mac mini's with HD 4000 do about 38k/day. GPU only, no CPU tasks.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Good to know, i figure this is about 35k/day, but with other cpu work running.

Diamond Member

To be clear, my mac minis are running CPU tasks in parallel, just not collatz CPU tasks. The point was that the credits/day number was on the GPU only.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne