Thread: a computer to put in your computer??????

circeseye

a computer to put in your computer??????

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/19...-computer.html

LL.jpg

The SHB230 based on the Intel Q87 PCH is designed to support 4th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3 and Celeron processors in the LGA1150 socket. The slot CPU card is equipped with two DDR3-1333/1600 SO-DIMM sockets with up to 16 GB memory capacity to meet customers' needs. The PICMG 1.3 specification brings advantages of PCI Express to this single board computer that offers four PCIe x1 or one PCIe x4, and one PCIe x16 routed to the backplane. The onboard two SATA interfaces support RAID 0/1 functions to ensure reliable storage for multiple applications. Utilizing with the latest Intel technologies, this PICMG 1.3 system host board is an ideal solution for DVR, medical equipment, industrial automation, process control, and network security market.

Silver Member

Re: a computer to put in your computer??????

But will it crunch like this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813190005

on a cost/performance basis 200 bucks this thing is plug and play.

Past Administrator

Sorry circeseye,

At least with that particular card it won't work in a desktop. PICMG = Wrong BUS interface.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    But will it crunch like this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813190005

on a cost/performance basis 200 bucks this thing is plug and play.
    THANK YOU FOR LINK! LOOKS LIKE A NICE NEW TOY TO PLAY WITH!

CRUNCH-A-BUNCH!
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Sorry circeseye,

At least with that particular card it won't work in a desktop. PICMG = Wrong BUS interface.
    Yep, you'd have to get one of their in-no-way-custom-industrial-specially-designed(but not custom) backplanes and chassis... and trust me, they ain't cheap. Sadly, they don't really give you all that much density either (in case you were dreaming of stacking one card after another...).

Edit: Per zombie67.
    Last edited by finalfugue; 04-01-14 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Per zombie67. Because a standard I simply don't use every day isn't custom.

Diamond Member

PCIMG is a standards organization. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PICMG

The PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group (PICMG) is a consortium of over 227 companies.[1] Founded in 1994, the group was originally formed to adapt PCI technology for use in high-performance telecommunications, military, and industrial computing applications, but its work has now grown to include newer technologies. PICMG is distinct from the similarly named and adjacently-focused PCI Special Interest Group (PCI-SIG).
    PICMG currently focuses on developing and implementing specifications and guidelines for open standards-based computer architectures from a wide variety of interconnects.
    It is mostly used by NEPs/telcos/military/etc. The idea is that customers can mix and match components from different companies built to these standards, and they should all work together. So it's sorta the opposite of "custom".
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Bah, I meant, "Not something you can buy off the shelf at Best Buy". Because, you know, all consumer PC hardware works perfectly and flawlessly together. But fiiiiiiine.