So I have a machine with a couple of Xeon 5650s and 24 GB of RAM. I tried to run this project, but saw when it flooded me with WUs and tried to run all tasks simultaneously it would crash BOINC. Then I went to the project forums, and here, and saw the *ahem* "love" for the project.

I could probably run 1-2 tasks simultaneously non-stop and still have memory to fill the other threads with the kinds of projects I tend to run. What I would like to know is- A. Given the project's issues (long run times, interminable validation waits, inconsistent credit granting etc.), should I bother?

B. How do I properly create an app_config (cc_config?) to limit this project to 2 running tasks at a time, and limit the number of tasks it downloads at a time so I don't run into errors with late results?

I would probably need to use these parameters:

<max_wus_in_progress> N </max_wus_in_progress>
<max_wus_to_send> N </max_wus_to_send>

What I don't know is which config file to use and how to properly structure the added lines. Could someone provide an example and the "friendly name" of the project I would need to include? Is there a key somewhere that helps you determine what the project <name> is? For example, Collatz (the colloquial name) is <solo_collatz>, but the real app name in BOINC manager is longer still.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. I'm still fairly new and run just a few "cut-and-paste" optimizations, but I'm trying to learn more about how to target and parcel out the resources I have in a more granular fashion.