Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spatiotemporal Quality of Service (QoS): one result per user per wu, min_sendwork_int

Diamond Member

Spatiotemporal Quality of Service (QoS): one result per user per wu, min_sendwork_int

Dear All, Thanks for your contributions to this project. This is NCI app and doesn't need multiple computing resources from same volunteer. To save your computing resources, we sent at most one instance of a given job to a given user. The minimus sendwork_interval has been changed to 12 hours. We have another project climateathome: http://climateathome.com/climateathome It uses VirtualBox to run climate model. If you have idle PC, please consider to join our climateathome project by the following steps: 1) Check if VT-x has been enabled (most pc support this) see http://climateathome.com/climateatho....php?id=61#364 2) Install VirtualBox https://www.virtualbox.org/ 3) add the project http://climateathome.com/climateathome 4) You can set your CPU and memory usage rate in BOINC to limit the workunits

More...

Administrator

Re: Spatiotemporal Quality of Service (QoS): one result per user per wu, min_sendwork

Good bye

Administrator

Re: Spatiotemporal Quality of Service (QoS): one result per user per wu, min_sendwork

So why did they need to set up a DC project???

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Good bye
    Why good bye?

1000 or just 1 tasks, it's all free credits. So what if they give you a smaller amount of "free"?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Free is a good price.

Administrator

Each one of my boxes was running one this morning, except for the 2 that say Flash isn't installed on, but actually is installed.

Platinum Member

Are you sure it said Flash? Because the project wants Java...

Administrator

My mistake, it was Java and that's installed too

Diamond Member

It needs 32bit java. 64bit java will not work.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

I had to install java on two of mine and they seem to be going now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast