Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Collatz: Phasing out Multi-Size

Gold Member

Re: Collatz: Phasing out Multi-Size

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    Well, I've only got 1 7970 that will run the large wus well. The other is at 55% and 11 hours in, both in the same box. The 570s really aren't fast enough for my taste. Back to solo for me.
    new app name means new config files. Just copy the settings from the solo*.config to the large*.config and you should be fine.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    Nope, no 32 bit app installed. I'll let them finish, then go back to solo.
    See the latest News post in collatz and if an app is missing, let me know. I think I have them all now, but if I missed some, just let me know.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    As a footnote, the GTX 780 takes a little over 7 hours to finish one. I did 2 and moved back to Solo.
    BOINC freaks out if I try and use the same config file name for multiple apps and keeps overwriting any changes the users make. So, for now, each app has to have its own config which is a bit of a pain. Everyone finally got the solo*.config files set up and now they need to deal with mini and large config files as well. Sorry guys, but I haven't found a way to have one config per GPU type regardless of app version or platform.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    BOINC freaks out if I try and use the same config file name for multiple apps and keeps overwriting any changes the users make. So, for now, each app has to have its own config which is a bit of a pain. Everyone finally got the solo*.config files set up and now they need to deal with mini and large config files as well. Sorry guys, but I haven't found a way to have one config per GPU type regardless of app version or platform.
    Not a problem Slicker, I really like the new method of being able to optimize for an individual GPU type! I don't know what would happen if you had a mixed bag of GPUs in a single machine but I certainly don't have that problem ....I wish I did

The reason I moved back to Solo wasn't due to complaints on my cards speed since it was optimized. That is just the best that a 780 can do.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I'm with Bryan on this one. It may take a little time to get each size optimized for individual systems. But I think it will be worth it since the resources I use between the solo and large tasks will be different. Waiting for the last 3 solo tasks to end so I can start playing with different configs for the large. I'll most likely do it to each size over the next week. (I've already added a couple of extra cpu threads for the large while using less on the solo)

Silver Member

Ok....managed to work a large task. 235,798.74 for almost a full 29 hours with my best rig. It was a long day! I'll have to make a comparison of other tasks to know if it was worth it. May be great for bunkering....not so great at the end of a challenge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234