Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATI OpenCL apps to intel hd graphics?

Silver Member

Re: ATI OpenCL apps to intel hd graphics?

I'm totally interested too zombie. Where is the manual download link?? *giggle* According to the site feed, they had a blackout and had to do some other maintenance within the last month. MindCrime....it's possible that the files are just not available at the moment. According to this page, if it was available, they would download automatically. http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/apps.php You may have to just be patient with them until the files are available again. When they do show up, make sure that line <name>poemcl_1.5_windows_intelx86__opencl_ati_10 0</name> just above the <execute> command reads <name>poemcl_1.5_windows_intelx86__opencl_ati_10 0</name> and make sure to adjust/check the version, 1.5....1.3...or whatever....to what you get. (note the space in the 100 in your file.) It should work once the files are available again and the app_info file is double checked.

Ok....I changed the 100 in the line above 3 times manually. Every time I click save, the space is back. So the space may not be present in your actual file.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    Where do I manually download the applications? the link i mentioned earlier doesn't seem to have the poem app i want.
    [project url]/download

For example:

http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/ -> http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/download

There will likely be a LOT of files so you kind of have to know what you are looking for. That being said. OpenCL is OpenCL. So, it isn't just ATI/AMD that can be used. You should be able to use the nVidia app as well. That being said, it depends upon whether the app was written to be generic or platform specific. I'm lazy, or smart depending upon how you view it, so the Collatz OpenCL apps are all the exact same executable. They just uses the executable name to determine whether to run on nvidia, amd, or intel. Some projects create separate builds of apps for each platform. For those, you can't fake it as they only run for a specific OpenCL platform. Since the PG guys are really bright (and therefore equally lazy) you can probably use any of their opencl apps for intel GPUs if you can figure out how to set up the app_info.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Silver Member

Thank you Slicker for all of that, very helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12